Nuncio Lord Callixtus

Warsmith Aznable

Instead of finishing the other paint projects I've got waiting, I decided to dedicate this weekend to something fresh. I spent all night last night and most of this afternoon and evening painting this Daemon Prince I put together a few weeks ago. He's a character in my DIY Chaos warband: Lord Callixtus, Nuncio of the Hidden King to Jarl-Captain Bolverk's 4th Free Company.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/montismo/callixtus-front.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/montismo/Callixtus-side.jpg

For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, I used Codex Gray for the skin, Blood Red for the armor (and the blood), Snake Bite Leather for the leather bits, wood handle of the axe and the dirt, Mithril Silver and Boltgun Metal for the trim and metal details, Bleached Bone for the horns and skulls and Burnished Gold for the fancy metal bits, washing the whole thing heavily with Badab Black. Also, I prime with Krylon Flat Black paint, which is what the membranes of the wings are.

The basing uses bits from the bits box, and some "sand and grit" I got from the pet supply section sitting in standard Elmer's Glue, painted with Snake Bite Leather and washed in Badab Black.

This is the first model I've gone so far as to finish with a base. I'm still relatively new to painting and tonight was experimenting with basing just so I could have something 100% complete and post it in this section.

Lovely, I've been kind of iffy on the new dp kit, but you make it shine.

The new kit is definitely worth getting. The only beef I have with it is that the legs are the backswept type, whereas I prefer the metal Prince's normal legs. But the sprues themselves are pretty awesome.

-Max- : I love this paint job. :D I also noticed you trimmed the mutie finger off the left hand, which I also did so thumbs up for taste. ;)

Archived