DCCW

LardO'Blood

Yep, anything with T6 is immune to instant death due to high strength values. Its one of the balancing points of the new nid codex.

yeah it was a handy way to drop the eternal warrior on MCs, but force weapons became alot tastier IMO

As they should be- they were becoming close to pointless IMHO.

Yep, anything with T6 is immune to instant death due to high strength values. Its one of the balancing points of the new nid codex.

yeah it was a handy way to drop the eternal warrior on MCs, but force weapons became alot tastier IMO

As they should be- they were becoming close to pointless IMHO.

Have to agree there; for a while, the only thing a force weapon were any good against is a non-Eternal Warrior HQ since pretty much every army that actually fielded multi-wound models other than HQs had Eternal Warrior on everything. I just hope the new Daemon Codex follows suit.

Regarding "new Daemon Codex"... I think the current codex if 5th edition so... they're here for a while!

Just for the record, if you loose your DCCW, you go from S10 energy weapon to S6 non-energy weapon :P Until I found out, when lost, I kept hitting S6 AND energy xDD

Just for the record, if you loose your DCCW, you go from S10 energy weapon to S6 non-energy weapon :D Until I found out, when lost, I kept hitting S6 AND energy xDD

haha, yea. The guys in my group are so used to seeing Str10 from the Dreds that it was almost assumed that Sentinels were the same. :devil:

Regarding "new Daemon Codex"... I think the current codex if 5th edition so... they're here for a while!

No, it's a 4th edition codex. That still means its not likely to be updated any time terribly soon, since everything I've heard indicates that GW isn't going to touch any of the 4th edition codices until all the 3rd edition ones have been updated.

Daemons came out right before the release of 5th ed. Dark Angels came out not too long after Templars did.

Back on topic, while your strength can never be higher than 10 a Dread can be effective S11 with the Tank Hunters skill, as it add +1 to armor pen, not strength. Though there are only a couple of codices that allow you to still do this, BT being one of them

Back on topic, while your strength can never be higher than 10 a Dread can be effective S11 with the Tank Hunters skill, as it add +1 to armor pen, not strength. Though there are only a couple of codices that allow you to still do this, BT being one of them

That's in the BRB Tank Hunter rule, everything with Tank Hunter gets this, regardless of Codex...

That's in the BRB Tank Hunter rule, everything with Tank Hunter gets this, regardless of Codex...

But, as was probably Acebaur's point, not many codices let you give a Dreadnought the Tank Hunter rule.

But, as was probably Acebaur's point, not many codices let you give a Dreadnought the Tank Hunter rule.

I'm not sure, but I bet Logan Grimnar can give Tank Hunter to a Dread if he joins it's unit.

EDIT:

Wait...I'm now unsure as to whether an IC can join a walker. I bet he can't, so this can't happen.

I'm not sure, but I bet Logan Grimnar can give Tank Hunter to a Dread if he joins it's unit.

EDIT:

Wait...I'm now unsure as to whether an IC can join a walker. I bet he can't, so this can't happen.

No, an IC cannot join a vehicle unit- NOR can he ever join a unit that always consists of a single model- like say, a Farseer cannot join a Wraithlord.

No, an IC cannot join a vehicle unit- NOR can he ever join a unit that always consists of a single model- like say, a Farseer cannot join a Wraithlord.

I do not remember that. @_@ Thank you, sir!

That was exactly my point, thanks!

Archived