Deepstrike counts as moved 12"

ImperialReaper

Hello everyone.

On Beasts of War I have just watched a video on "Can a Momolith shoot its template after deepstriking".

Well the topic it self does not bother me to much - but the guy Darrell ofthe quotet that "A deepstriking vehicle counts as if it has moved 12inches".

I cant find that rule anywhere in my Codex (small one from Black Reach). Also since I am BA I am thinking according to this:

1. If I deepstrike a Landraider - since it is not fast, I cant move it any further and I also cant shoot any weapons with it?

2. If I deepstrike a LandSpeeder - since it IS fast, i can still fire one of its weapons after deepstriking?

Well the topic it self does not bother me to much - but the guy Darrell ofthe quotet that "A deepstriking vehicle counts as if it has moved 12inches".

I cant find that rule anywhere in my Codex (small one from Black Reach).

Deep striking vehicles do nto count as moving 12", they count as having moved at "cruising speed". That is stated in the rules for deep striking on page 95. Sixth or so paragraph. What "cruising speed" means is described in the vehicle rules. For tanks that usually means they count as having moved 12" and cannot fire any weapons (unless they have special rules, like 'Power of the Machine Spirit').

1. If I deepstrike a Landraider - since it is not fast, I cant move it any further and (...)

Deep strikung models may not move at all during the turn's movement phase, no matter how far they would normally be allowed to move. Even a Fast vehicle, which would normally be allowed to move at "Flat Out" moving speed would not be allowed to move more. The description of how far a vehicle counts as having moved only let's you know how many weapons that vehicle can then use in the following shooting phase.

Apart from infantry models which have access to something else. It is not 'moving' (the thing done in the movement phase) but 'running' (done in the shooting phase instead of shooting) and is often useful in getting your DS unit towards some cover or spreading out to avoid template weapon deaths.

Archived