78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet

sword brethren

hey B&Cers

i have been quiet for a while and in that time i have decided to take a small break from my iron warriors to focus on a marine army.

i love the dark metal look so ill stick to that but its a little different...

sm.php?b62c=@hyvFn_hFPesheD82huUL4hlwTb_@hDUyG@hjpSGhnbrXhk9nrhk9rA@hHzJliaj2F@hmmeI@@_@@@_@@_@_@@haLvy@@@@hdNMv@@@hk9f9hfbifhjB4W@@@hD4ty@hmmiR@hp7gchp7sDhrSGyhauke_hbRPYiakk7&

does it look ok?

the symbol im thinking of using the the templar cross in red, the other markings will be in white.

as with all my other armies i like doing HQs first so soon i will have my chapter master to make, first it will be the chapter champion and if all goes well some honour guard.

basically this is me getting up and running with warhammer again for the first time in a while after finally being allowed to paint in my room at uni (if i dont make a mess ;) )

any ideas are welcome and i hope to have champion pics during the weekend :D

thanks for the feedback guys.

i may agree with you on the helmet thing, maybe just for sergeants? i did want a more individual helmet just because i want it to be a bit different but i dont like banners so a red helmet at the front of the squad could work.

P.s. @ cheesey - thats the name i had in mind to, looks like it will stick :D

will it be grey or Boltgun? definitivly change the helmet color.

if your not fixed on the cross style you might want to look at the Symbols of the faction taking part in the crusade (the real crusade) (it doesn't cost anything)

do some test model :), NOW! :)

will it be grey or Boltgun? definitivly change the helmet color.

if your not fixed on the cross style you might want to look at the Symbols of the faction taking part in the crusade (the real crusade) (it doesn't cost anything)

do some test model ;), NOW! ;)

it will be boltgun but darker, im off home on friday so ill try and get stuff done around the weekend.

i looked at the crusade symbols and they are all very christian based, not something im opposed to but something i feel an army based around the imperium should avoid due to no direct link.

on a positive note i got a special delivery to pick up tomorrow so that may be some of the scibor stuff i ordered :)

also a pic without the red helm

sm.php?b62c=@hyvFn_hgQ3s.hCwQv_@@.@@@hnSgN@__@hHzJliaj2F@@@@.@@@.@@.@.@@@@@@@@@@@___@@@@@@@@@@_._iakk7&

a terminator

http://bolterandchainsword.com/tsmbeta.php...;bg=FFFFFF&

a veteran

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smsbeta...amp;spr2=533B1C

any thoughts?

Looks good. What colours do you have planned for each part?

thanks ;)

im thinking of darkening boltgun metal for the most of it.

a dark red, highlighted with blood red (mechrite?)

and chaos black.

i have no idea about what i should do for the eyes.

Well okay. For the darkened Boltgun Metal use a few coats of the black wash - that should do the trick.

Darkened red, well you can always use Scab Red basecoat then blood red with red wash.

Perhaps some gold in there on the chest eagle and the eyes. Burnished gold would look suitable.

i may agree with you on the helmet thing, maybe just for sergeants? i did want a more individual helmet just because i want it to be a bit different but i dont like banners so a red helmet at the front of the squad could work.

P.s. @ cheesey - thats the name i had in mind to, looks like it will stick :)

That's why Codex Astartes commands us to put red helmet for sergeant, white helmet for veterans and a mixe of both for sergeant veterans. ;)

P.s. @ cheesey - thats the name i had in mind to, looks like it will stick :)

That's why Codex Astartes commands us to put red helmet for sergeant, white helmet for veterans and a mixe of both for sergeant veterans. :P

though in my opinion codex astartes it to be reffered to and not treated as a holy book like some chapters do :D

im very happy right now as i have received my scibor order and other parts i need to make my chapter master!! (High Marshall not named yet)

he will be a proxy calgar as i love dual power fists!

this is the model he will be based on, with a few changes.

gallery_38604_4022_419913.jpg

the hands of the big fella!

gallery_38604_4022_1262473.jpg

if anybody has ideas for where i could put the storm bolter (like calgars, over the shoulder, anything!) then please suggestion because i need a way of doing it without ruining detail on the power fists.

thanks for looking :P

P.S. also if anybody is considering scibor to buy stuff then they have my blessing! i got my order promptly and the quality is outstanding, i only have good things to say about scibor.

if anybody has ideas for where i could put the storm bolter (like calgars, over the shoulder, anything!) then please suggestion because i need a way of doing it without ruining detail on the power fists.

carried by a grim servitor from the chapter chapel following him. It might put a intersting contrast with the "holyness" of your chapter master mini. Something like the black templar Cenobyte.

Over the shoulder, definitely. Like there's a tracking device in each fist, so the Bolters follow the movement of the fists, or the head...

Nice simple colour scheme there, mate - the original split-colour helm reminds me of my Sons Blue/White scheme XD

And looking forward to seeing this bad boy finished ;)

My £0.02 ;)

thanks for the replies fraters :geek:

@tiny sam : i like that idea alot and i would use it if it wasn't for the fact that with twin power fists you can't hold a bolter, so the carrying of one beside you become slightly redundant, i may use it for another HQ if i do one though ;)

@WingsoftheFalcon : it doesn't seem very personal, it seems more as if he NEEDS protecting by a servo skull which makes him look weak, im also sure he would prefer to smite the enemies of mankind himself rather than have a mindless drone shoot for him.

@ Dragonkin Arenis : thanks ;) im not sure how i would do that on closer inspection of the model, not alot of room for servo arms, once i converted the back to look a bit terminatory ill have another look at whether its a viable way forward.

not really an update, more of a reply and telling people that i have no glue as parents threw it away... so im off to buy cheap superglue and build :)

hello people

i have a substantial update.

test paint!

gallery_38604_4022_707487.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_310858.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_102319.jpg

obviously a bit rough in places as it is a test but you can see that he is part of the second company, first squad

i also have pics of a High Marshall fully built and awaiting spraying.

gallery_38604_4022_597923.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_263007.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1026732.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_130940.jpg

how does he look?

later ill have pics of his champion who i can now build and a little fluff on champion as they play a very important role within the chapter as well as being part of a different doctrine of hierachy

thanks

SB

looking great though the positioning of the model suggests to me his left hand should be higher to match his face direction

and watch those mould lines ;) its the first thing picked up by people and distracts from a model,personally i hate it when i paint a model then see it close up and realise i have missed a mould line :eek :rolleyes:

looking forward to more

@daemonclaw : thanks, how do you mean with the left fist?

@wicced : i hadn't noticed but i assure you it is gone now, thanks for picking it out

@Marshal2 Crusaders : what do you mean by PT?

i have my champion update as promised as well as some fluff!

The Hierachy in the Chapter goes in this order

High Marshall

High Champion

High Captain - High Chaplain - Master of the Forge

Battle Captain - Chaplain

Company Champion

Battle Champion

Techmarine

The High Marshall chooses his High Champion from the High Captains, this champion will eventually take his place when he dies.

In every company there is one High Captain and a Chaplain.

the High captain has 2 lesser commanders under his command known as Battle Captains, they will eventually take command of the company (either through death or promotion of the High Captain)

The the Company Champions are the next Battle Captains and are trained at the High Captains side until promotion (either to death or promotion of a battle captain)

Battle Captains have their own Champions known as battle champions, they will rise to the rank of Company Champion (either through death or promotion of a Company Champion)

Battle Champions are chosen from the most able Sergeants in the company.

i hope that fluff made sense, just an idea of how the chapter chooses and maintains a consistant and well traines command.

this is the chapters high champion, he is at his masters side at all times.

gallery_38604_4022_948475.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_571783.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_193881.jpg

thanks for looking :)

looking very good...whats the fluff? what codex are you using? :)

thanks ;) ill be using the normal marine codex as a newer chapter would get access to newer gear, the fluff stuff was just details on how the hierarchy of the chapter was layed out and how members of higher ranks were chosen from current marines that were prepared for the task.

Archived