78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet

sword brethren

thanks guys :)

@Teku - Due to the cost of the model im not so keen on using it, the hope is i can buy a Ven dread and use parts left over and other things i have lying around to kit bash. thanks though.

@Shiningstorm - i like this, the helmets are perfect after a little work and the shields (if the right size) can be made to look fantastic. thanks for the input. see you around christmas :P

Great looking mini's I love how you did the metal armor, can you share a recipe?

thanks. :)

its just chaos black primer

a few watered down light layers of boltgun metal

very watered down boltgun metal wash

badab black wash

boltgun metal highlight on raised areas (not that its well seen on the photos...)

hope that helps :)

just made a large order for the TH SS Marshall/Lysander (depending on codex)

1 x Bretonnian Knights Head G (Bret:0080) = £0.40

1 x Space Marine Terminator Crotch Plate D (SM:0548) = £0.40

2 x Space Marine Terminator Crotch Plate B (SM:0546) = £0.80

1 x Space Marine Terminator Legs E (SM:0563) = £1.50

1 x Space Marine Terminator Small Shield C (SM:0592) = £0.25

1 x Black Templars Sword Icon (SM:0147) = £0.40

1 x Black Templars Lantern A (SM:0121) = £0.25

1 x Black Templars Purity Seal B (SM:0131) = £0.20

1 x Black Templars Purity Seal A (SM:0130) = £0.20

2 x Space Marine Ironclad Dreadnought Purity Seal B (SM:0809) = £0.40

4 x Space Marine Blank Shoulder Pad (SM:0007) = £0.20

1 x Space Marine Venerable Dreadnought Small Shield D (SM:0896) = £0.20

1 x Space Marine Terminator Crotch Plate A (SM:0545) = £0.40

i also have any spare parts i already own and ill be buying a venerable dreadnaught for the other parts i need.

just made a large order for the TH SS Marshall/Lysander (depending on codex)

1 x Bretonnian Knights Head G (Bret:0080) = £0.40

1 x Space Marine Terminator Crotch Plate D (SM:0548) = £0.40

2 x Space Marine Terminator Crotch Plate B (SM:0546) = £0.80

1 x Space Marine Terminator Legs E (SM:0563) = £1.50

1 x Space Marine Terminator Small Shield C (SM:0592) = £0.25

1 x Black Templars Sword Icon (SM:0147) = £0.40

1 x Black Templars Lantern A (SM:0121) = £0.25

1 x Black Templars Purity Seal B (SM:0131) = £0.20

1 x Black Templars Purity Seal A (SM:0130) = £0.20

2 x Space Marine Ironclad Dreadnought Purity Seal B (SM:0809) = £0.40

4 x Space Marine Blank Shoulder Pad (SM:0007) = £0.20

1 x Space Marine Venerable Dreadnought Small Shield D (SM:0896) = £0.20

1 x Space Marine Terminator Crotch Plate A (SM:0545) = £0.40

i also have any spare parts i already own and ill be buying a venerable dreadnaught for the other parts i need.

look at all those crotches! this is gonna be the mutts nuts!

had a boring night of essays tonight/ this morning, so i painted up my high champion as reward for doing some work for a change.

gallery_38604_4022_448609.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_794589.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_182290.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_631051.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_411464.jpg

this is the first time i tried blending and highlighting like i have here, on the cloak.

some feedback on whether its been done right and how to improve it would be great :P

thanks for taking a peak ^_^

This mini is AMAZING

he isn't a total conversion is he?

please PM me about how you made this guy :0

will be going on my christmas list this guy will

it looks a bit too big. i can see it on terminators, especially if you truescale them but not on ordinary marines. not even the immortal sons of the god emperor are immune to gravity although the Blood Angels have been known to make it glance away for a few minutes. :)

DM

it looks a bit too big. i can see it on terminators, especially if you truescale them but not on ordinary marines. not even the immortal sons of the god emperor are immune to gravity although the Blood Angels have been known to make it glance away for a few minutes. :P

DM

it will be placed on a biggerised terminator who will be used as a Marshall with TH&SS or Lysander so it may well fit, if not it wont hurt to trim it down

it looks a bit too big. i can see it on terminators, especially if you truescale them but not on ordinary marines. not even the immortal sons of the god emperor are immune to gravity although the Blood Angels have been known to make it glance away for a few minutes. :P

DM

it will be placed on a biggerised terminator who will be used as a Marshall with TH&SS or Lysander so it may well fit, if not it wont hurt to trim it down

sounds cool, looking forward to seeing it

DM

thanks guys.

i have made some progress

gallery_38604_4022_144239.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_806218.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_108840.jpg

im now waiting on arms before i continue.

the beautiful thing with this is that i bought a dreadnaught for parts... sooo i now have a dreadnaught to build. i shall update in a few hours time, i assure you all there shall be a few conversions.

thanks

SB

Mighty fine use of the dreadnought chest thingy, very clever, I wouldn't have thought of it meself! Looking very good, although I agree with Ludovic, the helmet looks a bit off. I think it's the fact that it's rounded off at the top, it just looks a bit silly in my opinion, like he's bald or something which doesn't really make sense.. :P

The helmet doesn't bother me, its flat at the top and sloped a little at the sides, thats due to the massive thing on the original helm that i cut off.

obviously with so many dreadnaught parts involved with my Lysander/Marshall there had to be a spare dreadnaught parts backlash...

gallery_38604_4022_134264.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_318880.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1103697.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_891441.jpg

i decided that a fist wasn't templary enough and the gun arm didn't look fluid enough so i converted a sword and an elbow joint. i also decided that a helmet wouldn't be enough for me if i were a dread so put a visor over the top mixing the round sarcothgus with the sharp angled visor.

what do you think?

SB

I think the dreadnought looks totally awesome. Swapping the head for a visor looks great and really keeps with the Knight theme of the army! The sword is cool too :)

And the head of the Lysander is totally your choice ;) it'll probably end up looking wicked cool anyway

I think the dreadnought looks totally awesome. Swapping the head for a visor looks great and really keeps with the Knight theme of the army! The sword is cool too :wub:

And the head of the Lysander is totally your choice B) it'll probably end up looking wicked cool anyway

thanks, i'm glad you like the visor idea as someone i know said it looks silly as it can only look in one direction.

Some really interesting conversions here. The Terminator looks damn near big enough to be a dread in his own right :sweat: . The one thing which really sticks out as me as out of place is the plasticard shield on the Dread's Plasma Cannon. I'm not quite sure why, though. Could be that it just doesn't blend very well, could be that the interior side of the Plasma cannon is bare bones while the outside is smothered in gubbins, could be that my sense of taste just doesn't match yours :lol: .

As a more suggestive note: what's the fun in a giant sword if you can't make it a giant flaming sword? :) Swap out the Storm Bolter for a Heavy Flamer and get to GSing.

As a more suggestive note: what's the fun in a giant sword if you can't make it a giant flaming sword? :D Swap out the Storm Bolter for a Heavy Flamer and get to GSing.

Oh helllllz yess! I saw a very good Black Templar Emperor's Champion conversion with a flaming sword and it was hella cool. Do it. Do iiiiit!

thanks, i'm glad you like the visor idea as someone i know said it looks silly as it can only look in one direction.

How is that any different from a normal dreadnought with a visor?

As a more suggestive note: what's the fun in a giant sword if you can't make it a giant flaming sword? :P Swap out the Storm Bolter for a Heavy Flamer and get to GSing.

Oh helllllz yess! I saw a very good Black Templar Emperor's Champion conversion with a flaming sword and it was hella cool. Do it. Do iiiiit!

i would love to but i would be stumpted due to a lack of green stuff experience.... i have only a little skill. that and i used the heavy flamer for the upper arm on the plasma cannon

How is that any different from a normal dreadnought with a visor?

i don't know but i won't be asking their opinion again... they were most rude and not very helpful

Archived