78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet

sword brethren

update time.

i made a start on recycling the 15 marines i found.

gallery_38604_4022_1031293.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1118401.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_551949.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_4727.jpg

and i also finished the building work on my count as vulkan, just needs some paint.

gallery_38604_4022_49510.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_36756.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1092270.jpg

i also found some spare rhinos, so without spending any real money i have a 10 man tactical squad and 5 man combat squad and the rhinos to carry them AND vulkan... all this recycling... save the trees!

SB

thanks, i'm glad you like the visor idea as someone i know said it looks silly as it can only look in one direction.

How is that any different from a normal dreadnought with a visor?

i don't know but i won't be asking their opinion again... they were most rude and not very helpful

They're just jealous :(

All good dreadnoughts don't need to face any other way. That would mean they would be running. :)

Vulkan looks good, though I might take the chains off the flamer.

Great models and conversion, I love the dreadnought and the Khorne-head veteran! Ditto for the Marshall.

thanks for all the complements guys ;)

i have a question involving the use of templary sternguard.

heres what i have so far...

assault squad

black templar upgrade kit

so i was thinking running legs and templar torsos but the one thing i need to think about is the bolters.

i could either use the deathwatch metal bolters (very sternguard) or the black templar chained and blessed bolters (very templar)

whats everybodies point of view on the guns? anybody know of the the optimum weapon load out for sternies?

This guy is EPIC!!

had a boring night of essays tonight/ this morning, so i painted up my high champion as reward for doing some work for a change.

gallery_38604_4022_448609.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_794589.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_182290.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_631051.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_411464.jpg

this is the first time i tried blending and highlighting like i have here, on the cloak.

some feedback on whether its been done right and how to improve it would be great :ermm:

thanks for taking a peak :devil:

Okay so I know this might be a bit late, and feel free to just ignore me completely anyway.

But I gotta say the chains are just too big for Vulkan. And the chainmail cape looks good but remember that chainmail is linked both left to right and from top to bottom so the rows of chainlinks going left to right are a bit too spaced between them to look like they're linked to the rows above and below them. I hope that makes sense..

righto guys i have a sternguard based update.

so first...

@pattison - thank you :sweat:

@Dark Apostle Thirst - good call, your comment was duely noted

@Marshall2 Crusaders & Dark Link - tried the box mag thing then struggle with the decoration on the templar bolters and ended up just making them all combiweapons.

@AFP - thanks ;) the one from the ravenwing set, feel free to "steal" :wub:

@GooseDaMoose - your advise is noted and shall be kept in mind next time i try that sort of thing, thanks for the advise.

so to business, even though this is a shooty unit i decided rather than go for the long range shooty look i would go for the gritty up close and personally shooty look (mixed with the whole angry templar thing) so this is the sergeant.

gallery_38604_4022_540487.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_465026.jpg

and this is the heavy flamer guy

gallery_38604_4022_894601.jpg

and the rank and file combi bolter guys

gallery_38604_4022_1206653.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_406031.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_215762.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_810814.jpg

so yeah, all the sternys have combi flamers (though im sure they can pass for meltas as long as i make it clear at the start of a game) except heavy flamer guy, after all nothing says repent like 6 massive angry knights weilding a firestorm.

going back to the recycled marines i have painted the last two men in the 5 man combat squad.

gallery_38604_4022_1089655.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_196201.jpg

thanks for looking

SB

thanks guys :)

so... i just bought a battleforce, the plus being ill have a much larger army and i dont have to buy anything for a while...

unfortunatly im now looking at it like a frog my pet cat dragged in and left at my door, this is due to the sheer amount of things at once. im sure ill get over it.

the real reason for this update is to ask how people are using scouts as i have never used scouts and never had any intention of getting any until i bought this, i am now looking at the sprue wondering how to make them tactically effective.

any advise on how to make them look more knightly is welcomed :)

SB

if you want tactically effective i would go for either 5 in a LSS with pistols and CCW's (sarge with PF optional) or 10 with sniper rifles and camo cloaks and a missile launcher.

of the two i would think that the first one would be more fluffy

DM

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the comments guys. in regards to the scouts, production is in progress for power fist sarge and CC weapon guys.

i havent updated this thread because i have had a LPC thread going but i have some non LPC related updating now.

i was in GW walsall when i suddenly heard the angelic cry of the sanguinary guard calling to me, disgusted at how angelic and feminine they were i bought them and made them templary! i now have an honour guard.

Standard Bearer

gallery_38604_4022_710990.jpg

random honour guard

gallery_38604_4022_890046.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_528057.jpg

Relic blade guys

gallery_38604_4022_843744.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_250605.jpg

im still mulling over the relic blades, im tempted to make the handles smaller. i hate banners (as templary as they are) i feel they would get in the way, so why not a holy relic with the bones of a hero and some parchment saying how wonderful he was.

thanks for looking

SB

thanks guys :sweat:

in regards to "Robo Termy" i left him at home. i could only bring so much warhammer with me to wolverhampton for university, in the end i had a battleforce to do anyway. i'll be doing that termie in little parts evry breif visit home.

thanks guys ;)

in regards to "Robo Termy" i left him at home. i could only bring so much warhammer with me to wolverhampton for university, in the end i had a battleforce to do anyway. i'll be doing that termie in little parts evry breif visit home.

good, i'm not sure we could take that much awesomeness at the same time

Archived