78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet

sword brethren

as some of you may remember i built a dreadnaught some time ago. having the flu has given me enough relaxation time to get it finished!

i took this picture by accident but i thought it looked so awesome with the lighting i would put it in anyway.

gallery_38604_4022_127031.jpg

Front

gallery_38604_4022_437912.jpg

CC arm

gallery_38604_4022_713525.jpg

PC arm

gallery_38604_4022_415839.jpg

Back

gallery_38604_4022_302694.jpg

Strike a Pose!!

gallery_38604_4022_605349.jpg

how does it look?

SB

"Knell before Zod!"

Sorry, just remembering my Superman quotes.

Or "I Am Awesome!"

That picture is a perfect combination of light and pose. The detail and chains make for a great Dreadnought. Well done indeed.

"Lord commander, the Dreadnought isn't nearly bad-ass or scary looking enough as it is. What should we do?"

"CHAINS!!! CHAINS AND A MASSIVE POWER SWORD!!!! THE EMPEROR COMMANDS IT!!!!"

Can't argue with Space Marine logic, especially not when that is on their side! ;)

Awesome work as usual SB. Now how about an army picture?

PS: "AND MAKE SURE IT HAS DRAMATIC BACK-LIGHTING TOO!!!!!"

While I can't post the actual words that came out of my mouth, I will say this: consider your ideas thoroughly stolen with the proper credit of course. Honestly I don't see why GW don't use a giant power sword as a CCW for dreads... maybe you should send this pic to them with the caption "CCWs, if they don't have lightning bolts they can't smite the Emperor's enemies."

Now that's what I call a Dred!!!!

You managed to grab that knightly feel with this one. Well done mate!

My only gripe would be the mould lines on the sarcophagus "neck". Still looks bad ass though!!!

^_^

I like it. Though I must admit, the green stuff arm extenders look like metallic patty cakes to me. I think the model would have benefited from rotating the elbow joints, which would mean less extending of the shoulder joints.

+1

The painting on his chest shield looks like it went a bit awry, too, though it's not nearly as noticeable as the strange shoulder joint. All the same, very nice work. Your command of metallics is particularly impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok i have a little update, firstly i completed my vow for LPC so here is the link to all the minis rather than me posting them again.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry2702346

and i also have a valid reason for updating this blog...

gallery_38604_4022_240925.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_888959.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_479446.jpg

ok so i bought the stormraven before it could even touch the shelf of GW but due to laziness i never posted pics and due to being excited i got cracking right away, i have painted the cockpit (can get a good pic though...) and i am proceeding to undercoat by hand as i have £2 in my bank and no undercoat.

another reason for the update is some opinions on psykers in a templar based army. i recently i bought dragon age 2 (quite enjoying it) and i thought the charcter design on the cover looked very cool indeed and i started planning out some stuff, i figure a dedicated psyker hunter unit would be very awesome, using the stats for a librarian. my justification being...

Psychic hood - a holy device used to subdue psykers, from pre heresy times.

Powers - Null Zone - same holy device as before...?

- Might of the Ancients - a hatred for enemy psykers drives the warrior on to unbeleivable feats of strength to destroy his foe.

Force Weapon - a mighty weapon forged especially to deal with immortal and strongly psychic foes, embued with holy oils and scripture.

those are the only things that would need justifying i beleive, so back to the point, he will use a staff/sword thing like the dragon age guy and will have a similar swept back pose.

what is everyones opinion on this? would a proxy psyker fit this role or am i stretching things i should not be?

thanks

SB

It's your army. Does it sound good to you?

it does indeed, i was just wondering how easily others would accept the idea.

Have you named that dreddy yet? Because "Zod" is sounding good to me...:o

yes, i think Zod has stuck, i beleive i have referred to him as Zod to friends after the original Zod based post so it is only fair. :o

• 1 month later...

well it has certainly been a while but with exams over and post slowly vomiting new warhammer on to my carpet everyday it is safe to say i have some new stuff.

first of all i have redone High Marshall Ansgar Von Faust, now he is just a High Captain (MY Marshall for when i use a BT codex) i now feel he looks suitably angry and fierce.

he was....

gallery_38604_4022_382093.jpg

he is now...

gallery_38604_4022_702311.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_782098.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_543242.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_749740.jpg

as soon as the green stuff dries he will be tidied around the arm joint and paint shall be applied!

• 2 weeks later...

Upon request from friends this thread will be renamed as a group of us have decided to get together to make the 78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet. this force will include a massive number of imperial troops, this will be detailed in the list below.

Iron Templars 1st and 2nd Company Detachments - consisting of

High Marshall Ansgar Von Faust - High Champion Weiss - Honour Guard

High Chaplain Mordert

Venerable Ancient Linvoy "Zod" (Dreadnaught)

5 Crimson Champions (termies with TH&SS)

7 Sternguard Veterans

30 Tactical Marines + 3 Rhinos

10 Assault Marines

5 Neophytes

2 Land Raiders

1 Storm Raven Gunship

Mechanicum Detachment

Lord Adept Koranz Bahn - Fleet Master

Battle Adept Rythan - Commander of Mechanicum Military Forces

5 Mechanicum Protectors - (chaos termys)

20 Skitari - (guardsmen?)

10 Heavy Skitari - (Plague Marines?)

2 Weaponised Support Servitors (Oblits)

2 Knight Titans from the Cydonian Brotherhood

(More Possible)

Inquisitional Forces - (attached to imperial guard regiments)

Inquisitor Modus Rex

3 Inquistional Preists

20 Inquistional Stormtroopers

133rd Cadian Regiment

(can't show it on here so it doesn't matter)

this is being put together for a large Apoc game against my friend using my Iron warriors and another friend who uses daemons (and has loads from fantasy)

for this battle i will be responsible for My Iron Templars and much of the mechanicus force, Battle Adept Rythan will be started soon. Shingstorm101 will be using he large imperial guard force and commanding the Inquistion, as he doesn't appear on here a lot i may post pics of his stuff somtimes but otherwise he will be updating on here tas well.

there will be 2 large objectives (one each) for this game and 4 to share. this is the chaos forces objective.

gallery_38604_4022_236157.jpg

not finished but you get the idea.

i have also got an update for my Iron Templars in the form of the Crimson Champions, these are the 5 "chosen" warriors for a campaign and are given specially crafted TDA and are given thunder hammers and storm shields.

Sergeant

gallery_38604_4022_595170.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_197099.jpg

other members

gallery_38604_4022_662496.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_320912.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_582090.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_717220.jpg

size comparison

gallery_38604_4022_41251.jpg

C&C welcomed

expect a Mechanicum update next :)