78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet

sword brethren

That's a really good conversion mate.

A couple of things though. I would change the back of the axe, I think the hammer piece looks too big at the moment.

The power cable running into his bolt weapon. His ammo is stored internally then yeah?

Aside from that just the mold lines on the mechandrite cables which ,of course, are going to be a massive pain. I use the end of my finger nail to flatten them into the grooves to try and preserve the detail of the cable flex.

Anyway this guy is going to look great painted. I can't wait :D

First off, mate - I love what you've done with this lot since I disappeared! They look ten grades of awesome! :yuck:

Secondly -

I would change the back of the axe, I think the hammer piece looks too big at the moment.

I assume there's a fluff reason for that, like it's a dual-purposed tool, an axe for chopping and a hammer for bashing things out on an anvil?

...or you just thought it looked cool...? <_<

Anyways - looking forward to see this guy finished, but i'd like to know where all the interesting bitz came from - all I can identify is a Multi-Melta lead from the Plastic Devastators, a Scout chest with the aquila removed and a scout bolt-pistol... with a scope and a silencer XD

does he need the silencer? ;)

Top class! looking forward to more! ;)

Arenis

thanks guys!

through a mix of feedback from you guys and feedback from Shiningstorm101 (who was here earlier painting guard) i have decided a few changes.

first of all a little pet

gallery_38604_4022_900665.jpg

second of all replacing the bolt pistol muzzle with a "high power laser carbine" (bolter)

gallery_38604_4022_322127.jpg

thirdly i have removed the anvilly part, as everyone thinks it looks out of place and im beggining to agree.

gallery_38604_4022_839164.jpg

i have also gone about removing mould lines... which is dull...

in regards to the parts used...

all resin parts - http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/iron-br...l-01-p-179.html

axe - old metal techmarine

arms - Freakforges fantastic bionics, found here - http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main...products_id=101

"pet" - grey knight termy sprue

torso and bolt pistol part - scout sprue

gun - lasrifle

admech symbol - vehicle sprue

mechandrites - ven dreadnaught sprue (shoulder bits)

wires - guitar wire

<_<

thanks guys B)

i have an entirely unexpected SUPRISE update... as is characteristic of the model that has been finished.

i was bored so i made a count as shrike anfter finding the defiled remains of my last shrike.

gallery_38604_4022_92396.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_959886.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_684767.jpg

and one of my friends poor tyranids who felt the mark of his boot (not a fingerprint ;) promise)

gallery_38604_4022_993958.jpg

he will be used tomorrow night if i can get some assault marines built for him to lead, i will be the fast attack assistance for an imperial guard force againts nids, wish me luck!

SB

• 3 weeks later...

i got a very special package today...

*picture of the box with name and address -facepalm- *

i promptly ripped it open....

gallery_38604_4022_652149.jpg

i looked at the little bit of paper...

gallery_38604_4022_979668.jpg

and then i look at teh sprue!

gallery_38604_4022_354599.jpg

i have my dread very early it seems! :devil:

i pre-ordered it when it was annouced to get it early, just didn't think it would be this early.

as a heads up, fantastic model, no mold lines, very little flashing, it is all of the highest quality.

one problem is there are no shoulders... i cant give it arms, i can on the other hand show you what i have done so far.

gallery_38604_4022_852001.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_278876.jpg

P.S. i realised i added my name and address, i would hope i trust you all not to dress as me and steal my identity.

an update on the contemptor, i am still awaiting the shoulders from forgeworld so until then i painted up the base. a vile machine of the foul chaos gods lays slain at its feet (in peices)

gallery_38604_4022_568505.jpg

i also have the pictures of two flamer fists Blu-tacked into poses.

gallery_38604_4022_265151.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_126543.jpg

and some torso pics incase people were interested.

gallery_38604_4022_437091.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_980906.jpg

thinking of adding more templary detail like a shield chained on to his shoulder or something, any suggestions?

SB

so other then the shoulders missing your highly impressed with the cast and having little problems with it? i hope you've contacted FW to get your shoulders sent. I'm thinking of ordering one as well with twin fists. how easy is it to switch them so you can use as right or left handed? stupid questions i know but i really want a twin fisted contemptor and converting isnt my strong point.

so other then the shoulders missing your highly impressed with the cast and having little problems with it? i hope you've contacted FW to get your shoulders sent. I'm thinking of ordering one as well with twin fists. how easy is it to switch them so you can use as right or left handed? stupid questions i know but i really want a twin fisted contemptor and converting isnt my strong point.

Reasonably easy I'd say, given what I've seen so far. Considering the torso comes with shoulders I think I'd dare even to say it'd be a walk in the park, honestly. The kit is very posable. ^_^

I ordered one of these today as well, though it will go into my Custodes army. I am very jazzed about this model and continue to be impressed by pictures of it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this puppy all painted up.

Carry on!

Cheers,

Thanks guys

Reasonably easy I'd say, given what I've seen so far. Considering the torso comes with shoulders I think I'd dare even to say it'd be a walk in the park, honestly. The kit is very posable. :P

yeah hopefully the shoulders should be here today or tomorrow, they were very helpful. the rest of the model is fantastic, very clean cast and the arms are literally built to be switched about. as soon as i get shoulders i shall blu-tack it to show you.

SB

Archived