78th Mechanicus Exploritory Fleet

sword brethren

@ Swordbrethren - Is the eagle on the torso sculpted to it or is it a detail that you attach? The blood angels one on the website shows no aquilla and as I want on e to represent my Iron Warriors Daemon Prince I would like to avoid chisseling away at an aquilla.

- Martok

very poseable indeed. it has seperate parts for the feet, lower leg, upper leg and hip area. it gives you almost total free roam for poses, i have mine running i have seen others crushing with feet and others just standing there, the 2 different types of feet give you freedom to make it do what you want.

good luck with yours!

can't wait to get mine in, got some serious customizing going to happen to it when it gets here (poor thing) gonna have to get ready to kneecap the bugger!, gotta figure out how to sculpt a lion head mantle too... X_X

can't wait to get mine in, got some serious customizing going to happen to it when it gets here (poor thing) gonna have to get ready to kneecap the bugger!, gotta figure out how to sculpt a lion head mantle too... X_X

Get a head from the High Elf White Lion Chariot, they work great.

Btw, great job SB, really loving the army

thanks.

i have a painting update, i got a bit of nerd rage finding out that my shoulder have not come today either so i just painted the legs to give me something to do.

gallery_38604_4022_626701.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_154566.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_419484.jpg

what do you think, darker and more dirty or does it look good?

SB

Looking good mate ! ..mine turned up to today without sholders too ! ;) unless buggers so shall be getting a crapy call of me first thing in the morning ! Lol

thanks.

i called them on monday when i got mine and i still have not got the shoulders, if they do not arrive tomorrow i will be very dissappointed. don't hold your breath for them.

Finally i have shoulders!!!

for my contemptor of course, who has been named Albrecht Eisenkreig (Albert Iron Lightning).

fluff for haviing a comtemptor in a newer chapter is that during the horus heresy when mars rose up a contemptor was left behind by the imperial fists (by force and was thought destroyed) when the imperials reclaim the red planet a unknown tech adept kept it hidden within his forge for research.

many years later his decendants were being assisted by 1st High Marshall Albrecht Eisenkreig of the Iron Templars and his 2nd, 3rd and 6th companys in the recovery of a planet thought to have hidden wonders rumoured to be a fallen warlord class titan, in the battle against Orks for this "big supa stompa's" remains, Eisenkreig was struck low by an Ork Warlord (who was decapitated seconds later by a High Champion Ansgar, later to take his masters place).

the brutalised High Marshall wished to be emtombed to further serve the imperium, he was quoted as saying "i refuse these foul xenos, i won't be dying yet!".

as a sign of friendship and thanks to the chapter who had provided assitance for many years Lord Adept Koranz Bahn ordered a great artifact be gifted to the chapter in order for the High Marshall to continue to serve.

Albrecht Eisenkreig fights alongside the terminator units in the first company having relinquished the control of the chapter to his champion to allow him to focus on cleansing the galaxy in the name of the imperium.

so... pictures?

gallery_38604_4022_128685.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_663560.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_91622.jpg

I was thinking about using a different head to the one provided but im not sure, thoughts?

SB

SB, just stumbled across your thread and got to say, I'm loving the work you're doing. Though I must ask, your Crimnson Chosen, would I be right in believing that the helmets (excluding the Sgt, which is a DA head I believe) are from Grey Knights? It's just, I'm considering a unit of assault termi's, but I really don't like the termi heads, and those would be my perfect ideal. Also, hurry up with that Contemptor, that has to be one of my favourite models to date!

Finally i have shoulders!!!

for my contemptor of course, who has been named Albrecht Eisenkreig (Albert Iron Lightning).

Did you mean (Albert Iron War) as German for "War" is 'krieg'?

Why haven't I seen this army before? These guys are amazing! And I love the Contemptor. Beautiful model, and you're doing it justice.

Little thing, "krieg" means "war" in German, not "lightning." But I think "Ironwar" is a far cooler name than "Ironlightning" anyway :HQ:

@Incus - thanks man, yes they are grey knight terminator heads and bodies.7

@Mercadius and Loketh - ...i was perhaps fooled and conned by google translate, that does make sence due to the word blitzkreig... i apolagise for my lack of research.

On another note i am literally waiting for my contemptor to dry before i post completed pics having spent all this morning finishing him off!

SB

Archived