Quick question that came up

Schertenleib

If I have three units that can take a Rhino as a dedicated transport and have taken two in my army list at what point do I need to decide what units ride and who walks?

Example: I have two Tac Marine units and a Dev Squad. When I made my army list the plan was to deploy the heavy weapons onto a building and place the Tac squads in rhinos. Deployment was rolled and we came up with Dawn of War. Could I then place a Tac squad on the board on foot and drive my Heavy weapons team into position with the rhino from the board edge during turn one?

It would be to my understanding that the transport is assigned to the unit when you make the list. So, either, I put the Tac Marines in the transports and walk the Dev Squad onto the board or I walk the Dev squad on, next to an empty transport, and then embark during turn one.

Yep. When you make the list you decide what tac squad gets what Ded transport; you can certainly on-the-table embark your models however you want to, but only the squad to which the transport is dedicated can begin the game (deploy) embarked in it.

Archived