Attacks in an Assault... Need Verification

jbarket

Hey guys,

So the assault rules are pretty confusing to me. I feel like I've got them down for the most part, but now that I'm starting to play assault oriented troops, I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Let's say I've got a 10 man Blood Angels Assault Squad. 2 marines have MGs, and the sergeant has a PF.

Without any buffs and without the charge, that means I've got 7 marines getting 2 attacks (base 1 + 1 for 2 CCW), 2 marines getting 1 (base 1 and only 1 CCW) and 3 PF (base 2 + 1 for 2 CCW) at I1.

Is that right? The MG marines lose their 2 CCW bonus, and the serg keeps his even though he has a different CCW?

So that makes it 19 attacks normally, and 29 attacks on the charge.

The Sergeant gets 2 base, but doesn't get an extra attack for a second CCW unless you equip him with a second Power Fist.

The regular guys get 1 Base each (9), plus 1 extra for the guys with 2CCW (7), for 16 standing still.

Thus, on the charge it's 3 Power Fist (4 if you have 2 PFs), and 25 Regular attacks.

Thanks.

So, to verify, the 2CCW only counts if it's bolt pistol/chainsword or a matched pair of CCWs?

Power Fists, Thunder Hammers and Lightning Claws can only gain a 2CCW bonus from a second weapon of their own type. Any other CCW can be used in any combination.

Oh and Relic Blades can never get a bonus for a second CCW.

Koremu is on the money here. Power swords, for instance, do allow you an offhand bonus attack (which ignores armor!) with any model wielding powersword/pistol. By your formula there, a sergeant wielding a BP/PS would get 3 attacks (base 2 + 1 for 2 CCW).

Koremu is on the money here. Power swords, for instance, do allow you an offhand bonus attack (which ignores armor!) with any model wielding powersword/pistol. By your formula there, a sergeant wielding a BP/PS would get 3 attacks (base 2 + 1 for 2 CCW).

If he's wielding a Power Sword, all his attacks ignore armour, not just the duel-wield bonus one.

If he's wielding a Power Sword, all his attacks ignore armour, not just the duel-wield bonus one.

That was of course the implication, but I appreciate you clarifying it for me.

just to help you clarify this a bit more, page 42 of the rulebook explains for which close combat weapon combinations you do and do not get the extra attack for having a pistol. Under the heading "A normal and a special weapon" it states: "Power fists, thunder hammers and lightning claws are an exception to this." (this being gaining an extra attack like the special weapon for having a second close combat weapon (or pistol). "Only a second power fist, thunder hammer or lightning claw can confer a bonus attack to a model equipped with one of these weapons."

Archived