Kharn the Betrayer Conversion

empchildrenbob

I don't really like the bare shoulder. It just looks as if someone has just plonked it on there, (which is what we do with every model, really...) but it doesn't look like it's coming from the armour itself. I'd put a shoulder pad on if it was me, but then again that may look odd aswell.

Also, the hand holding the axe looks huge when compared to the other hand! That may just be the camera angle though. I'd also look at the axe head, it looks kind of... bent? :)

Other than that, I like it. The painting is nice and the pose is great. Maybe I'm just not a fan of that arm, since all my complaints are directed towards it? ^_^ :lol:

This just doesn't scream 'Khârn'! to me I'm afriad. And I'm sorry to say that this is much less dynamic than the original GW model. If you are going to convert a new version of a model you don't like because it's static, you should really get a more adventurous pose going.

use beast men bits instead. far more proportional to power armour. and whack a shoulder pad on it.

also, if you dislike static poses, try him running with the plasma pistol pointed forward, axe raised above his head like this codex art:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/076/3/5/Kharn_the_Betrayer_by_CornixSanguinea.jpg

EDIT: this isnt the original artwork, and its not mine. googled.

The first version is the better to me. The second ones bare arm looks way out of place, too big. The first one definately screams Khârn more. You could try putting the head of version 2 on the body of version one and boom you got it. Keep putting the awesome minis together.

Archived