Ludovic's Iron Hands WIP thread

Dosjetka

Hello all,

It's been some time since I last posted something here, so now I bring you a WIP Clan Standard for my Iron Hands army (hopefully).

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/spez1295/PA250104.jpg

This will also be the thread where will post my units, fluff, etc...

Enjoy and don't forget to comment ;)

Cheers,

Ludovic

I just have one criticism and that is because of nationality issues but you gotta be careful with your Irøn Hands because that 'o' with a line through it is actually an entirely different letter, people just seem to use it to make words look more nordic and cool, but it's actually pronounced differently. Same with umlauts. Don't use them unless you know what they mean.

Case in point, Mötley Crüe.

Sorry for the venting, hope i don't come off as too much of a douche :P But yeah other than that it's dope shizz :huh:

No worries Goose, I understand. I actually did it because I've seen it done before and it looks cool, though you don't pronounce it the same as "o". I'll keep that in mind when I actually paint the banner.

Any criticism about the banner design?

Cheers,

Ludovic

it is looking rather spiffing, iron hands seem to be neglected by GW and really deserve their own character, think they are awesome and im sure yours will be up to that standard.

banner is looking great, im looking forward to the painted models!

Cheers SB for the kind words, really appreciated :tu:

Ludovic

Cheers Belisarius!

Deus Ex Ferrum: Nice to see you pop over and cheers for the nice words :D

Update: I've started on my Terminator Librarian, should have some pics within the next couple of days.

Ludovic

Ah, I see my own banners inspired you, Battle-Brother Ludovic. Barring criticism of the text (I think if you went for more Gothic lettering, it would look better, but eh), I imagine the flames as sort of orange-ish, perhaps.

Oh, and the first model should be a standard-bearer. Can't give us a thing like this and not do it!

Looking good so far ,quick question what colour flames is it going to be ,blue /white mabey.

It will be black, as it's in the centre of a white cog (?). The other IH Clan symbols are also white cogs with black designs on them (ie. three bolts, etc..)

The Normish: I have to be honest, I only did this after looking at the UM banners in C:SM and thinking "How the heck am I going to paint that 2nd co. banner? (I wanted to start UM's) And it's ugly too!" Then I saw the 4th co. one, and I liked it, but then I thought "I'll just invent my own for a Iron Hands Clan" (or something along those lines).

And I can't promise that the first model will indeed be the standard bearer, as I need practise, and I don't want to mess him up.

Cheers for all the comments guys,

Ludovic

Small update:

Right, I haven't had the time yet to post any pics or fluff, I've been busy with some DIY stuff and general tidying up, but I have made progress on my Librarian. He's got the first highlight of the armour almost done, cabling is almost done too, his front tabard is done, along with metallics. I'll try and get some pictures up today, but no promises.

Ludovic

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Finally, I've got a WiP picture of my Librarian. Don't know how much time he's taken me so far, but he's definitely not finished!

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/spez1295/PB130158.jpg

Wip Blade view:

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/spez1295/PB130160.jpg

Enjoy :)

Ludovic

That banner looks fantastic, full of potential, how big is it anyways? I like the librarians sword as well, I just finished painting one myself going hawk turqoise to white lightning following the Master Class article in White Dwarf #........don't remember, just in one of the last three issues. Looks just like the first stage of that technique. Keep up the good work.

I'm not sure how big it is... maybe a 1.5:1 scale?

Cheers for the comment on the sword. I'm actually using the technique in the WD about the Space Wolves release (last October, I think), haven't seen the new WDs.

Ludovic

Cheers GDM, I can't wait to do the banner, but I need practice first, so it will come only later on, sorry to disappoint ;)

The eye glow wasn't all that hard, but it's still not finished, which reminds me that I should go and finish him off after school :D

Ludovic

Archived