master of the forge attacks

greatcrusade08

thanks mate, but it doesnt really answer the question :)

a standard techy has a servo arm so 1 PF attack.. a techmarine gunner for the t-fire cannon has a servo harness so has 2 PF attacks.. a motf has both a servo arm and a servo harness

pg 71 codex says

"each servo arm grants the model a single extra close combat attack"

and

"A servo harness gives the techmarine an extra servo arm (giving him two servo arm attacks)"

so if the servo harness counts as two servo arms and gives two attacks, and the other servo arm grants an extra attack thats 3 attacks right?

Hmm, afraid I don't actually have a rule book handy and misread your question, sorry.

From what you've said, a servo arm gives him an extra servo arm, hence a second servo arm attack. I'm pretty sure that the servo harness and servo arm wont give 3 attacks, just one from the arm, and an extra from the harness.

From what you've said, a servo arm gives him an extra servo arm, hence a second servo arm attack. I'm pretty sure that the servo harness and servo arm wont give 3 attacks, just one from the arm, and an extra from the harness.

thats what i thought at first, but since we know a model can have just a harness (the gunner) then it doesnt fit that the servo arm is part of the harness in termsof getting two attacks.

It specifically says the harness gives two attacks and the servoarm gives +1

with the C:SM book in front of me, i can see where it gets confusing.

the MotF entry on p70 states the MotF has BOTH the servo-arm and harness.

yet p133 lists him as having only the harness as under wargear.

from the way the wording on the techy is on p138, it seems the servo-harness is an add-on to the arm.

essentially, think of the harness as being the original servo-arm with extra bits bolted on. the extra arm on the harness means two "arm" attacks (one from the original arm and one extra from the extra arm on the harness bits).

however as stated the wording on p71 for the techy entry says "an extra servo arm (giving him two servo-arm attacks)" which can easily be interpreted as '2 attacks for the harness + 1 for the arm' though i think the wording is meant to mean 'a total of 2 attacks'.

the Nov 2009 FAQ/Errata didn't pick this up, but i suspect it's because the description of servo-arms (above the harness entry on p71) states that "each servo arm grants a single extra close combat attack", thus the servo-harness has 2 arms = 2 "arm" attacks total.

long story short: full servo-harness = total of 2 servo-arm attacks.

Yea, this came up before on here and it comes down to the way the wrote up the MotF/servo-harness entry. It's very poorly worded.

That said, Rider-75's reading is correct. The MotF gets two attacks with his servo-harness at I1, S8, which ignore armor (PF attacks).

Now give him a power weapon and watch him wreck some face. =) I used to use Telion to cap Power Klaws or tie the Klaw up with storm shield vets or Terminators and sink the MotF into the other side of the ork mob. That 2+ save is pretty fantastic when no power weapons are involved.

In the techmarine listing on p. 138 lists the cost to "upgrade servo-arm to a servo-harness." In my understanding, that would be either a servo-arm (1 attack) or a servo-harness (2 attacks), but not both.

Archived