High Marshall Ansgar

sword brethren

I love it! He looks so serious and slightly bored... but it really exudes the Medieval European feel, sort of High Middle-Ages, with a little Teutonic and Holy Roman empire thrown in. So, what do you play him as?

One criticism: his head looks a little high up. Shouldn't his chin be behind the collar?

One criticism: his head looks a little high up. Shouldn't his chin be behind the collar?

Since this is resign cast (by the one and only scibor) it would have been quite tedious to fix that...and its not that bad anyways imho

Its a really awesome miniature, the metall looks pretty nice, also like the conversion with the second powerfist (also from scibor?)

Only problem i see is the face, looks a bit...ehm..dead to me^^ (or undead)

I don't like the face, really, the colour is very unnatural and the chainmail (?) just looks slightly out of place

That said I think the army is beautiful, how did you make it? I suppose your Marines are something templar-ish with the whole plate armor theme?

Alright, the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw this were... well I can't put them here without them being censored.

Holy Excrement Spherical Objects.

Holy Dung Orbs?

As for the face, you could try highlighting it with a light flesh tone, perhaps even some drybrushing?

Alright, the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw this were... well I can't put them here without them being censored.

Holy Dung Orbs?

As for the face, you could try highlighting it with a light flesh tone, perhaps even some drybrushing?

surely that will make it lighter by highlighting the current shade

Holy Dung Orbs?

I might sort of disguise the sickly green though... Perhaps a wash of a dark flesh tone and then a light tone highlight?

Holy Dung Orbs?

I might sort of disguise the sickly green though... Perhaps a wash of a dark flesh tone and then a light tone highlight?

im giving your ideas a try and its look alot better, i left alot of paints back home so i just mixed bleached bone with vomit brown, its looks fleshy, ill post pics tomorrow.

thanks for the advise

Holy Dung Orbs?

im giving your ideas a try and its look alot better, i left alot of paints back home so i just mixed bleached bone with vomit brown, its looks fleshy, ill post pics tomorrow.

thanks for the advise

You're welcome. I don't often get painting advice right.

Good old scibor parts. Theya re good

they are indeed, i have only good thins to say about scibor after a quick sevice and perfect model quality.

i have done the face, i still cant paint faces well but i hope this is a better skin tone

gallery_38604_4022_400351.jpg

Ooh, you might want to do his eyes. Trust me, it's easier than it seems.

As for the skin ton, much better. Looks good now.

Archived