Hunter Killer Missile Targeting

jbarket

Hey guys,

Simple one today. Let's say I have an Ironclad with 2 HKs. The HK is an additional, one shot weapon. Does it still have to target the same thing? Could I fire the 2 HKs at one target, then set my HFs on another target?

I was under the impression that they had to all be shot at the same thing, but last week I played a game where I was told differently by players who are significantly more experienced than I am. Just looking for clarity.

We have always played that the HK can be fired at different targets. (Although I have never seen an Ironclad fire both at the same time, at 2 different targets)

We have always played that the HK can be fired at different targets. (Although I have never seen an Ironclad fire both at the same time, at 2 different targets)

you have played it incorectly. HK are still a normal weapon and have the same targeting restrictions as any other gun.

^ This.

The rules allow a Dreadnought (as a walker) to fire all of it's weapons and assault in a single turn. No where does it say that it (as a Walker or Dread) can fire it's weapons upon different targets. When a unit fires it must focus all of it's fire on a single target unless it has some special ability (see, for instance, Long Fangs in the SW codex).

Exactly how I interpreted it. Otherwise, everybody would take HKs on everything that could take HKs... a one shot krak missile at a different target from practically every vehicle in the game? I'd buy that for a dollar.

But yeah, insane. Thanks guys.

Exactly how I interpreted it. Otherwise, everybody would take HKs on everything that could take HKs... a one shot krak missile at a different target from practically every vehicle in the game? I'd buy that for a dollar.

That's why they are on all of my vehicles...

And as noted, unless its on a landraider using PotMS your doing it in a way that is certainly not RAW at this time.

Don't worry it is better to have them modelled on and not use them than to not have them on and use them... and its ok in apocalypse when you want more fire power in turn 1! Go 50 HKM!

Archived