Chaos Sister ? + Marine Raptor Rider

Lone Scout

OK ignore the dodgy paint work...(rushed them through in2 hours) these are test models only. I would like to ask you a couple of questions please.

1. which one looks best

2. pick a model, which colours would you use?

3. are these models (both please) chaos or emperor worshipers

Thanks for your time and comments.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff59/NicholasIronfist/test.jpg

A: Sister of battle model is way better. The other one looks like its not finished somehow (Little high lights on tha black armor would do the trick same for his raptor)

B: Rider-girl's colors are fine. Raptor need something on its hide (some sort of pattern maybe? or some extra armor!)

C: Both are loyalists IMO

-Bad-Sam-

Thanks Sam :D ....75 views and only one comment ^_^

The SoB's are a fairly easy conversion, hacksaw sephrim in half and glue them to the legs...the SM's need some green stuffing. I'm glad the SoB still looks loyal as this is proberbly the way I'll roll.

The SoB looks much better, but it cold use some sprucing up to fit the normal aesthetic, if you're up for the task. The inquisition likes to jam a lot of metal rods and painful surgeries into servants and beasts, especially impure/naughty/unruly beasties. A few well placed metal rods, guitar strings, and armor plates might really make it a SoB mount, instead of a hijacked Cold One.

I still think Chaos raptor-riders have the most potential, and would be the easiest to get a good aesthetic. Throw some mutations and extra horns on the raptor (or an extra head!) and you're all set. The SoB model looks better than I had imagined it, but slapping a bunch of goth-tech (a la penitent engines), I dunno. Regardless, both of those models look pretty good for being done in two hours!

Can't wait to see how this ends up

I still think Chaos raptor-riders have the most potential, and would be the easiest to get a good aesthetic. Throw some mutations and extra horns on the raptor (or an extra head!) and you're all set. The SoB model looks better than I had imagined it, but slapping a bunch of goth-tech (a la penitent engines), I dunno. Regardless, both of those models look pretty good for being done in two hours!

Can't wait to see how this ends up

Thanks man :Troops:

I have ordered some chaos knights bits and some chaos space marine bits so I can make a unit of 5 Chaos Space Marine raptor riders. Not sure who they will be or how they got there...anyway it will keep me busy for a week or two.

The marine has the unfortunate paint scheme that gives him the "basecoated black then greenstuffed" looks, I like the SoB a lot. They book look loyalist.

LMAO yes he does....and no highlights doesn't help eh. I was excited about the idea more so than the paint job :P and kind of rushed it through.

I wonder if I'd get away running sisters with the SW codex?????

1: i think the s.o.b. looks better suited for this project.

2: colors of both combined is better i think with some armor on the raptor

3: with some more converting i think i will gonna look like chaos

Keep it up i would like to see more

Greetings

1: i think the s.o.b. looks better suited for this project.

2: colors of both combined is better i think with some armor on the raptor

3: with some more converting i think i will gonna look like chaos

Keep it up i would like to see more

Greetings

Hail friend, welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to this project...seems like a few people are interested in it too which is encouraging.

Thanks Sam :( ....75 views and only one comment :tu:

I'm one of the 75, I love both models, and my painting and modelling skills are so poor that I have no input to offer, but only admiration! It just seems too fawning to offer!

Work like this makes me want to go out and buy pre-painted armies, as nothing of mine ever looks better than entry-level.

I think I'll buy a well painted Dark Eldar army when they start hitting Ebay next summer. Just sometimes it would be nice to not be jealous of my opponent, especially when they are 14 and still better than me at 40!

If only C:WH had bikers, SoB on bikes would be great, and Cold ones/Tauntons perfectly good proxies.

Model wise, I like the SoB better. The two guns are very "wild west" desperado-esque. Nice. But game wise, I think the idea of CSM riding cold ones (second the extra armor though) as counts-as bikers is a really neat idea. Very original. Could look really cool with some of the dragon-scale stuff you can find for SMs and Sallies.

1. I'd say barely the marine. My only problem with the sister is that she looks llike she's sitting too straight and is about to fall off. Same thing with the marine, but on a lesser scale.

2. The sister's color's are fine, but the marine needs more excitement on the mount. Solid black is not a good idea.

3. They're both loyalists.

Thanks man :HQ:

I have ordered some chaos knights bits and some chaos space marine bits so I can make a unit of 5 Chaos Space Marine raptor riders. Not sure who they will be or how they got there...anyway it will keep me busy for a week or two.

Bah, details. They've arrived, and the raptors will gut you while the Marines smack you in the head - worry about how they got there later! Besides, it's easy enough to say they're the new favorite toy of some Chaos big-wig, blessed with 'daemonic warp-beast mounts of unsurpassed ferocity (etc.)', and they emerge from the warp without warning, slaughterslaughterslaughter, and disappear just as quickly.

If you're looking for any special rules for these guys: Chaos bikes + infiltrate + rending weapons maybe?

Oh, and I like the black and green - gives a real sense of horrifying jungle creature, which is never a bad thing. I know that what you showed was just a test, and I'm assuming the finished product would have more 'depth'. Any thought to what kind of armaments the riders will have? Some Chaos-y tridents would be pretty rockin'

Thanks guys...waitting on bits then I'll post pics of a finished squad.

Commander Sasha, thanks for the kind words. I would like to offer a quick story to you to encourage you to paint more (if you have time...and not that there is anything wrong with getting someone to paint them for you...its just so rewarding when you finish them and say I did that...anyway). The first model I ever painted was a plastic darkelf warrior...silver and metalic purple and I thought he looked awesome! Next month a friend gave me a wood elf mage to paint and she got a metalic green paint job...everyone was happy. So for 12 mths I was our groups painting guru....I recently looked at these models and laughed..what was I thinking...they were awefull.

My friend I painted the woodelf for now paints very well, I paint much, much better and another friend paints so well it make me sick with envy (when he's not sanding his stupid boat). What made me a better painter was compitition. Suddenly I was shading...not well at first but it improves with time. The first time he rocked up with a spacewolf army fully blacklined really spurred me to action...I now can blackline pretty well and I'm now thinking about weathering powders and the like.

Modeling too is the same process, the sister was a chop n swap, the marine I had to green stuff legs..and once wouldn't have tryed it...but simple greenstuffing isn't as had as you would think. (a friend calls me Dr chop chop..some of my stuff sucks..some of it is pretty good and sometime you pull something off and go holy sheite the is awesome)... My point is if you want to and you take your time (read, watch awesome paint job and the like on youtube) you could easily be painting10 times better in 12 months. It isn't a question of if you can..its a matter of if you want too. I turn 40 in march and when it comes to cars I have sexy fingers...after being stung $400 more than I should have been its time I learn to fix and service my own vechile...same process I just have to want to do it...how much warhammer could I have had for $400.

Archived