Preferred Enemy

Wildfire

Don't have my rulebook handy, but doesn't Preferred Enemy simply give a reroll these days? The always hit on a 3+ thing is 4th edition, correct?

Preferred Enemy gives a re-roll on missed hits in 5th Ed. =) It's like Hatred from Fantasy.

And in many cases anymore its not against a specific codex, so its just rerolls in general.

Indeed; specific-Codex preferred enemy has mostly fallen out of favor due to all the balance issues it creates. The only place I've seen it turn up recently is on Captain Tycho from the BA Codex, and that's mostly due to it being a legacy rule of his from when it was more common, and the fact that it doesn't throw off balance too much since it's only a single model.

Don't have my rulebook handy, but doesn't Preferred Enemy simply give a reroll these days? The always hit on a 3+ thing is 4th edition, correct?

Preferred Enemy gives a re-roll on missed hits in 5th Ed. =) It's like Hatred from Fantasy.

Re-rolled rolls to hit, not just misses.

I don't know if we want to open this can of worms again; Warp Time is it's own thing, after all. :)

Re-rolling rolls-to-hit does allow for you to attempt to miss more, so you can potentially stay in combat and avoid a round of painful shooting, I suppose.

RE-ROLLS & ROLL-OFFS - Re-rolls - In some situations the rules allow you a 're-roll' of the dice. This is exactly as it sounds - pick up the dice you wish to re-roll and roll them again.

RE-ROLLS & ROLL-OFFS - Re-rolls - In some situations the rules allow you a 're-roll' of the dice. This is exactly as it sounds - pick up the dice you wish to re-roll and roll them again.

I was waiting for some one to show up with this rule. You get a pizza.

Archived