MK VI Heavy Bolter Complete

araekyus

Hmmmm. Was the grey difficult to paint?

I kinda like the old model for the history it has, not for the aesthetics. That being said, you managed to combine the two into a fairly decent model, making poor aesthetics into good ones with your use of yellow. My hat's off to you, as an equal, it looks like an advanced and heavy care project, which I would be able to do (as an advanced heavy care project).

heh thanks for the kudos. i actually scoured my old books and WD's (and here of course!) for various examples of past and present paint styles for these oldies but goodies. This was the result.

the recipe for this was:

Duplicolor Automotive Grey Sandable Primer

drybrush of Blue-Grey Vallejo Model color

dip in Future Wash mix with a sacrificial pot of old GW armour wash ( i gave the empty pot a viking funeral), and Adikolor Despair Black

wet blend on the model with Foundation Adeptus Battlegrey and Astronomicon Grey

another dip in the Future wash

HB casing in that adikolor black, metal bits are Vallejo Gunmetal Blue, Gunmetal Grey and Metal Medium

Yellow details in Inyanden Darksun then over again with white added

eyes are Mechrite Red, Vallejo Fluo Orange and a white spot

hose down in Dullcoat.

Thx for the kudos! its an old Scout HB from Advanced Space Crusade. I was sitting on the bit for years and year hehe.

My next beak with a multimelta will be posted soon; just finished the grey highlights a few minutes ago from this post. should be done by tomorrow nite or saturday! You can see the start of him here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=214427

Archived