How to beat Necrons?

AyanamiKun

Try and get a copy of the necron codex (+FAQ) and read the wargear and special rules section... I can't count the number of necron players I've played against who don't fully understand the WBB rule and all the the other rules that interact with it.

+1 to this, the local Necron player at my store never seems to know how to actually play the army according to this rules. It took us a while to explain to him that WBB doesn't work if there are no units of the same type within 6" of those that are down, or a Tomb Spyder which believe increases it to 12" or something. Bottom line, double check it, and if in doubt ask to see the Codex.

Try and get a copy of the necron codex (+FAQ) and read the wargear and special rules section... I can't count the number of necron players I've played against who don't fully understand the WBB rule and all the the other rules that interact with it.

+1 to this, the local Necron player at my store never seems to know how to actually play the army according to this rules. It took us a while to explain to him that WBB doesn't work if there are no units of the same type within 6" of those that are down, or a Tomb Spyder which believe increases it to 12" or something. Bottom line, double check it, and if in doubt ask to see the Codex.

Thirded; you really have to know how every codex in the game works if you don't want to end up getting messed around with on the rules. A distressing number of people don't know their own codex very well, and then there's always the occasional cheater...

Archived