Orient Brigade (SM)

Lord Mordred

Greetings

I'm working on a cavalry SM fast attack squad, contacted GW and they said if it's clear to the opponent that the mounts are considered bikes, there's no problem at all in making this conversion so here we go:

EDIT: uh forgot to mention the details :lol:

The marine is still not glued in place, so it's a bit of a weird position. I've used biker legs because the pose, but it's still not quite the ideal, perhaps I'll put some straps on the feet to give it a more (hopefully) natural look!

The right arm is that one bend and holding a granade, I've cut the granade top, made a hole and passed the straps.

To avoid the steampunk look, and let be honest to fit the backpack on the horse, I've removed a handle on the backside of the horse and the gauge by the saddle.

Will make it gunmetal with mithril highlights, and avoid brass and tin as long as I can.

The gear on the belly of the horse are my greatest doubt:keep or scrap?

option a- keep as it is

option b- scrap them off, used loads of putty to make an "armor", perhaps a small plastic sheet as cover.

ideas?

The sargeant (may become a Company Commander if it goes all well)

http://www.caverna7.net/w40k/OrientBrigade/cavalryCaptain.jpg

What's his right arm doing exactly, the pose is a little unusual?

I would Guess olding the marine on the horse :)

and I think with a proper paint job the steam punk effect would disapear

What's his right arm doing exactly, the pose is a little unusual?

I would Guess olding the marine on the horse :P

and I think with a proper paint job the steam punk effect would disapear

meh, I forgot to post the details on the first post, please check it for the explanations :)

I would file off the Empire symbols and put on the chapter insignia and things of that nature.

I've already ordered more Genesis pauldrons, with some spare, and I'll try to flatten one to fit there. making one myself won't be so easy...

Perhaps just filling out the symbols and completing the holes with putty I can get enough flat surface to paint a symbol directly! hummmm scary...

Archived