Black Templar themed Space Wolves

marine77

I totally agree that a 400-500lb space marine would have a hard time riding a normal horse. I just think of them as genetically engineer super horses! Actually, from a modelling standpoint, there isn't a really cost effective model that is large enough other than the bretonnian horse. All of the elven steeds are smaller than the bretonnian warhorses. The only other possible alternative would be the new chaos knight horses. I agree that Archon's horse is nice, but is all metal and expensive!!!

You sir have quite an interesting army. Nice paint job too

Fluffwise it might work to describe them as a lost company of wolves caught in a system cut off by the warp that had a feudal world and through the millenia the two ideas fused and voila knightly wolves.

Yeah. That is the basic premise, though I center it around a penitence crusade. Kind of like in the Armageddon book that was just recently released. In that, it was portrayed that Grimaldus was sent to Armageddon because he wasn't liked by the grand marshal. Same principal for my army. After a while they adapted.

Archived