Dark Creed

Dràyhèn

As for the apothecary question, fact is that we just don't know, it's never been printed as far as I know. Beyond very vague hints like the article on Bile, some scant BL info and the small blurb in codex 3.5 about the BL champion recruiting the sole survivor of a feral tribe to become a "warrior of the gods" we just don't know much at all about how they keep their numbers up. Another thing worth mentioning is that the World Eaters have at least in one case captured a loyalist astartes and used psycho-surgery to convert him into a berzerker, but again, such methods seem awfully inefficient and just prima facie it seems very unlikely that Chaos recruits anywhere near the rate that loyalists do. Oh and wasn't Talos an apothecary? And now he just stabs people? That was why I guessed that maybe post-fall many apothecaries just decided that stabbing people was more fun and gave it up, but hey, who knows.

Second Edition Chaos Codex talks about how they recruit from cultists in the Eye of Terror.

First off, no, Abaddon did not just "allow" the IW to do what they did, he specifically sent them there, in return allowing them not to marshal under his command at the beginning of the 13th Black Crusade because they IW don't like playing with others. This was various WD articles in 2002-3 and even culminated in a battle between the IW and BL when the IW decided that they'd had enough of Abe's tomfoolery.

Which offers up only the assumption that it was Abaddon's idea to send anyone there in the first place. After all, it was an Iron Warriors fortress on an Iron Warriors former world. I somehow doubt that Abaddon rolled out of bed one evening and then summoned the Warsmith to go to a place Abaddon himself probably knew nothing about.

Oh and wasn't Talos an apothecary? And now he just stabs people? That was why I guessed that maybe post-fall many apothecaries just decided that stabbing people was more fun and gave it up, but hey, who knows.

Technically-speaking, all Apothecaries end up stabbing people, be it business or pleasure. <_<

Archived