No More Chaos Bannanas!

smallvictory

Decided to try watering my paints down and blending like so many talented painters have suggested and written tutorials about before before I stripped the paint off of my Chaos warband and started over with red or blue. I just couldn't stand the cartoonie yellow bannana look I was getting. Slowly shading with reds then browns made all of the difference, thanks to everyone in the WIP side for the advice, here he is.

gallery_31750_5357_41052.jpggallery_31750_5357_6226.jpggallery_31750_5357_28728.jpg

I really like the dirty feel he has without trying to weather him (weathering looks hard).

Ha! Botanist, that cracked me up Zeller, Heru Talon is right in that they are indeed feathers. I had been painting the feathers four different colors in a mixed pattern but decided to try making them one color because I wanted to finish a playable army this year and this was faster. Thanks for all of the kind words everyone, I'm almost done with a Champion, post him tonight.

As someone who is tightly attached to yellow I may say that he's looking really cool!

And I also think that those are more like leaves not feathers, but I can live with it, I mean he is chaos or what.

Or maybe just deserted from the Adeptus Bothanicus.

Great mini!

Archived