Acceptance... (Scouring-Era Night Lords Kill Team Log)

Noctus Cornix

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu113/Bloodeye8592/CSM/Nightlordslogo.gif

Veteran Sergeant Odium remained silent as he watched his new captain, the blood red lens of his bionic eye fixating on every detail and movement of the astartes. It had been nearly 6 months and yet still Odium and his squad felt uncomfortable and even frustrated with the decision of their primarch. He knew no one could replace Lord Sevetar but this Sahaal… He did not stand right in the Sergeant’s eyes. Odium could not see the patience and focus it would take to bear the rank of first captain in eyes of Zso captain of the 1st company’s raptors…

He snapped from his train of thought, now focused upon the dim blue hololithic display reading out the details of their next suicide mission. The left half of Odiums face was pure bionics forged into the likeness of a silver skull, his metallic features whirring into a slight scowl. The other half of his face was still not but a mess of scars and burns, paralyzed of emotions.

Sons of Sanguinius…..

“You will leave at once…” Zso Sahaal muttered bluntly towards Odium, his smug attitude portraying a sense of arrogance as if he owned the Night Lords Legion itself. But Odium said nothing, nodding quietly before standing up and leaving the Strategium, his squad following in suit behind him.

Let them burn for all their sins…..

Let them learn acceptance in the face of death….

Its that time again boys and girls.

Once I saw Pig of Sparta's 'Cleanse and Burn! thread', I really got to thinking about the Scouring-Era, and I came to realize just how interesting it could be to make a Night Lord Kill team for that time period. The coward Legions of Horus are falling back in the face of the Warmasters death and it is only the Night Lords who stay to fight and exact their hate and lust for vengeance upon the broken Imperium. Its not a battle their going to win, but its a fight they had that they had the balls to keep to. In the name of their Primarch and death itself the Night Lords went on suicidal missions, thought to be self destructive by those who watched them as they sought out to bleed the imperium dry and kill as many as they could. How bad ass is that?

Veteran Sergeant Odium is still in the working stages but I atleast have a good basis of how his model will be.

Opinions will be loved.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1131-1.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1130-1.jpg

Enjoy.

Nice story and the Sergeant looks very promesing an cool! Though id like to see more heresy era parts in him ( FW ) but you have him looking good and cool for that era so :rolleyes: some more work with the moldlines and he will own the night :) looking forward and im a bit into making somting myself for that era too.. but with the Imperial Fists in minde....

Cheers and cant wait to see more mate!

Nice story and the Sergeant looks very promesing an cool! Though id like to see more heresy era parts in him ( FW ) but you have him looking good and cool for that era so :blush: some more work with the moldlines and he will own the night :lol: looking forward and im a bit into making somting myself for that era too.. but with the Imperial Fists in mind....

Cheers and cant wait to see more mate!

Yeah.... about that.... :lol: well unfortunately I am dead broke and the next stash of money I get will be going into my Dark Eldar so forge world will not be on hand.

Im making the most of what Ive got so although Odium's armor is technically all mk v (minus the power fist) I do like how it will have a more personalized feel as it will stand out from the generic mk v legs.

I would like to see some bits showing how old he is as well. What are you looking at doing for your kill team set up, Sternguard or maybe a Tactical squad?

but with the Imperial Fists in minde....

Well looks like I will have a rival xD

I would like to see some bits showing how old he is as well. What are you looking at doing for your kill team set up, Sternguard or maybe a Tactical squad?

Explain what you mean by bitz showing how old he is please....

The kill team is set up by a chosen squad

Sergeant Odium has a power fist

The talons of the squad has two lightning claws

the monster of the squad has an autocannon

the two fangs have combi plasmas

and the hunter prefers the standard bolter

Six marines in all

noctis cornix and pig of sparta i blame you guys for my desire to do a small iron warriors force again,

the story is cool, although i'm a bit iffy on the lack of respect to zho sahaal; but i love his portrayal in Lord of the Night... so thats just me....

the model is cool, had to get a close up of the face, is awesome. and i can't wait to see the rest of the squad

Cool pose but I would see about filling the gap in his right arm with something, at the moment the gap is a wee bit too wide between the arm and the torso.

And there are mould lines all over. :blush:

noctis cornix and pig of sparta i blame you guys for my desire to do a small iron warriors force again,

the story is cool, although i'm a bit iffy on the lack of respect to zho sahaal; but i love his portrayal in Lord of the Night... so thats just me....

the model is cool, had to get a close up of the face, is awesome. and i can't wait to see the rest of the squad

Your welcom Martemis ^^

We all have our own opinions of Sahaal. You think he's cool, and I think he's a greedy brown nosing prick ;)

Cool pose but I would see about filling the gap in his right arm with something, at the moment the gap is a wee bit too wide between the arm and the torso.

And there are mould lines all over. :lol:

Nihm.... If you ever utter the words 'mold lines' to me again I will gouge your eyes out and keep them as souvenirs =_=

Explain what you mean by bitz showing how old he is please....

The kill team is set up by a chosen squad

I really ought to think more when I post. He looks fine, the bolter is just nagging at me. Of course there are the *censored for eye saftey after reading the previous post* as well and it looks like the arrow on one leg is only half shaved down, but then this is a test model still right?

Should have also thought about it being a kill team in the chaos book too >_>;

Ah, the bolter. I see what your saying now. Ya Ive never been a fan of those old fashioned bolters with no grips. They just look retarded to me, like someone just tossed the gun to a space marine without even finishing it.

He is also a veteran marine, so I can also see him having one of the more up to date shiny bolters instead of those silly pee shooters ;)

*saw what you said there before you censored it* boy don't make me get mah spoon..... =__=

Well one thought I had was maybe using one of the chaos ones with either the belt hanging from the magizine well (which seems equally foolish though pretty action movie style cool to me) or one with the open (or see through) magizine? I'm not a fan of the marine default bolters as it is for the magizines anyway.

The backpack also looks from the loyal marines set as well. Maybe get a chaos one and do that trim down conversion? Just a thought.

I love how you did the scar tissue on the right side of his face, man. Very cool. Did you just scrape and file until you were satisfied, or did you do something else? I'd really like to use that same effect on the guys I'm working on, if you don't mind.

Thanks man.

Yeah Odium isn't a fan of pompous [deleted by inquisiton] who are more worried about the little badge on their shoulder guards then the survival and revenge of the Legion itself.

Ya gotta love that High Gothic yo. :D

The reason why Odium's and most of his squads names are actual High Gothic (Latin) is because some of them are Terran Marines from way back. Hell, Odium was even in the Unification war.

Yes, with every completed model will come an extensive back ground of each member of the squad AND a new addition to the squad's path of vengeance.

I actually have a sorcerer in my Night Lords army named Timor should actually get back to work on him :yes:

However, as consolation the Hunter of the group's name is Tenabor. He's a nostramon and his parents named him after the moon of Nostramo.

Archived