[Commission] Captain Sicarius

winterdyne

Uhm, for competitions I usually do tighter, cleaner freehand work, richer blending and pay a *lot* more attention to the model - lots of checking time, and allocated time to go back and fix the things that occasionally creep through. There are a few blemishes here I'd get rid of if I were allocating a lot more time and/or being perfectionist- there's a patch of miscast surface at the bottom left of the back of the banner that should have been filled, and just above that and in slightly is a blemish where I removed a vent 'thread' and apparently neglected to sand it down properly. As this wasn't allocated that much work time, and the flaws aren't particularly noticeable IMO this is done.

As always, brilliant. I actually prefer your 'table top standard' to your 'competition standard'. But then I've always found a model that is painted very well, but doesn't have as much detail (eg scrollwork, litanies of hate/iron/etc) is always easier to look at... not that your competition models aren't some of the best models I've ever seen!

Have you found a replacement for the Ghoul Gray yet? ;)

Archived