Scions of Vengeance and some Space Wolves

calgar101

Well I find I can build them quite quickly, eliminating 90% of the mould lines, when I got to paint each unit/vehicle if there are bits that need cleaning up then I'll do that then but generally I can build units quite fast. Perhaps my standard is not as high as others, who knows.

Well I find I can build them quite quickly, eliminating 90% of the mould lines, when I got to paint each unit/vehicle if there are bits that need cleaning up then I'll do that then but generally I can build units quite fast. Perhaps my standard is not as high as others, who knows.

Really? I think that's really fast as I'm pathetically slow - I have been building the same army for almost 3 years and I have only built the following (not even painted); 1 Chaplain, 1 Tactical Squad, 1 Devastator Squad, 1 Dread, 1 Commander with Command, 1 Master of the Forge, 1 Rhino, 1 Vanguard Squad, 1 Land Raider and 1 Terminator Squad. I have, in varying states of "assembled-ness"; 1 Vindicator, 1 Devastator Squad, another Terminator Squad, 1 more Tactical, an alternative Commander, 3 Bikers, another Dread, 1 Razorback, 5 more Vanguard Vets (to add to the Squad) and 1 Sternguard Squad.

I am much better at converting and building than painting so I have spent ages just tinkering with models and new ideas, rather than doing anything much useful. ;)

By the way, how much, as a percentage, of your Chapter have you assembled?

Porridge

If I have music on then I get into a rhythm and it becomes a production line. When you're building tactical marines there isn't much conversion work to do, at least not for me. There wont be many centre piece units but as whole the army will be one. Obviously as the mood takes me some units may get 'special' treatment. Hmm as a percentage? Not sure. I have all the Terminators done, the Land Raiders done, 5 of the drop pods done, 11 Rhinos mostly done(tracks, lights and those small bits to be added) 2 thunderfires done, 3 Predators done, 5 Rhinos done, 45 Death company done, around 120 tactical marines done, 40 ish assault marines, 2 Vindicators, 1 half built, around 30 or so Devastators (as in heavy weapons), Umm a few scouts.. 50 Grey Hunters. Then some Hq's and Special Characters. That in itself is a big chunk but compared to what is left is small.

Oh and the Dreadnoughts.

Just a small updates of some things that were done in the past months.. just to keep people interested and show I am actually using this thread.

Twin brother Ironclads Loki and Logan

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff365/rhysb/th_new001.jpg?t=1296827063

Two Baneblades, "You shall not pass Heretic scum"

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff365/rhysb/th_new002.jpg?t=1296827063

Two 5 man Devastator squads, "Some one said you needed some plasma?"

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff365/rhysb/th_new009.jpg?t=1296827063

2 baneblades, 10 Devs and 2 Ironclads? Just a tiny update...

Seriously though looking good B). I think that's pretty good progress considering you want to finish the entire Chapter by autumn.

Will the Baneblades be Fellblades/tank relics or attached Auxilia?

The Super Heavies are 'attached' Auxiliary forces (the Ad Mech contingent was killed and we never gave the toys back :rolleyes:). Well compared to what I could have posted pictures of it was small. If you really want to know how much I spent PM me and I'll tell you.

Watch the space.

• 2 months later...

You have my support man, as crazy as I might consider you, but my hat is off sir...

I'm struggling with roughly 3000 points of marines....I want to see some PRIMER on those models!!!!!!

And since you are painting them in halved red and black, think this might be useful to ya....

good luck!!!!!

hahaha that's insane man!

However it's really not that difficult to get them all together, in the last 12 months I've put together a company of BA. I've got a basecoat on most of them too. Plus half of the first company, a couple of landraiders, six rhino/preds, 5 dreads.. and a heap of character models. You just gotta put your head down and get to it!!

Was hoping to reply with an update but have family over so hobby time has gone to zero.. but lately I've not been motivated and combined with work and other things have not done much hobby related things at all. However I have some Apocalypse games coming up and coupled with Lord Castellan Mik's return and other things I've had a surge of motivation to start building again.

Watch this space my friends :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived