ultramarine rhino

dijital_llama

thought i'd post a couple of shots of my first finished tank. was dreading getting the large flat areas looking smooth but am fairly happy with the results. not totally happy with the headlights and the parchments but hey-ho. let me know what you think of it, there's more photos in the blog in my sig. cheers.

gallery_44260_4744_3424501.jpg

gallery_44260_4744_1263002.jpg

gallery_44260_4744_1416062.jpg

Awesome rhino! :o

The slightly darker blue looks absolutely excellent with the bright white. I'd prolly give the stormbolter bullets (on the magazine, on the side of the gun) a bit of colour though.

And isn't techmarines supposed to be red!? I THOUGHT IT SAID SO IN THE CODEX, ULTRAMARINE!?

The dark blue and red makes it look a bit more Crimson Fist-y, actually. The gratuitously applied "U"s all over the hull help mitigate the problem though.

Looks good. The highlights are pretty narrow, which is something i personally struggle with on some edges (the obtuse angles of the exhaust ports, for example). Very solid whites, which is always a plus. The scriptures/parchments do indeed look a little drab and flat, but you can get away with just calling them "dirty" :lol: .

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

@Captain Mick - Thanks, glad you like it!

@Validar - Cheers, yeah i'm pleased with the contrast i got. the storm bolter mag was drybrushed boltgun metal, i'll check to see if its bright enough after the wash, might need highhlighting. And btw he's not a techmarine, he's a Asartes aligned with the Ad-Mech as a driver/gunner iirc.

@Firepower. Good point, now you mention it it does look a bit Crimson Fist! Something i'll have to watch out for. The highlights were done by drybrushing, helps to keep them narrow and doesnt rely on having a steady hand! The parchments gone back onto my to-do list to be revisited at somepoint.

@Validar - Cheers, yeah i'm pleased with the contrast i got. the storm bolter mag was drybrushed boltgun metal, i'll check to see if its bright enough after the wash, might need highhlighting. And btw he's not a techmarine, he's a Asartes aligned with the Ad-Mech as a driver/gunner iirc.

hats off, typical considering those ultra-know-it-all-marines :confused:

Archived