Space Wolves: WIP

Slyfox1990

Hey all,

I ve been out of the 40k scene for quite some time now but lately have found myself with a lot of time to spare and a desire to get back to modelling/playing again. I have in the past been on the forum playing Black Templar and have dabbled with Blood Angels also. However I ve decided that I want to make a small change and find myself drawn to the Space Wolves. With their re-release the models are great and the options available with a Space Wolves army seem very varried.

As I m only just starting off and don't want to over face myself I'm going to be looking to make a 750 point list to start with which I can take some time over. Its worth saying that I m by far and away less talanted than many of the modellers and painters on this forum - nothing I do will be able to compete with what others do but should still be decent ( I hope ) and worthy of attention.

My starting plan is as follows for my list:

Wolf Priest w/ Wolftooth Necklace

Blood Claws Pack

7 w/ BP/CCW

1 w/ Meltagun

1 w/ Power Fist

Rhino

Grey Hunters

7 w/ Bolters

2 w/ Meltagun

1 w/ Power Fist/BP

Mark of the Wulfen

Wolf Standard

Rhino

Long Fangs

4 w/ Missile Launchers

1 w/ Power Weapon/BP

Razorback w/ Twin linked Lascannons, Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter

This will likely mean I need the following:

2 x Grey Hunter/Blood Claws Box Sets

3 x Razorbacks

1 x Devastators Box Set + Missile Launchers ( ebay )

1 x Wolf Priest ( might well see myself investing in the Games Day models - expensive but exquisite )

I ve only just been starting off the unit of Blood Claws which should be fully assembled and based by Sunday night/Monday night and at that point I will put up photos.

My colour scheme and basing system hasn't yet been finalised but I m going with what is basically a standard Shadow Grey/Spaces Wolves Grey combo with snow. If I can make it look as good as I hope then I ll do some step by step sections at a later stage.

Thanks for reading and I hope some people with find some amusement in this :D

Slyfox

First of all apologies - camera is at my sisters house at uni so I can't get hold of that right now to take any decent pictures. Hopefully will get that either this weekend or early next week.

As a mini update to whats doing on. I ve finished off the construction of the following models ( its a little different to my starting list )

Lukas the Trickster

Wolf Lord w/ TH + SS

Grey Hunters x 10 ( Powerfist, 7 w/ bolters, 2 w/ meltaguns )

Blood Claws x 8 ( Powerfist, 7 w/ BP + CCW )

Long Fangs x 7 ( 2 x Missile Launchers, 2 x Lascannons, 2 x Plasma Cannons, 1 w/ BP + CCW )

At the moment all these models are fully constructed but have not yet received any basing or undercoating work in readiness for painting. My aim over the weekend will be get them all ready for painting/get started on painting them. Hopefully by early next week I ll have some pictures up with some at least started models ;)

Archived