A Duel for Blood

SeerBrun

I know you all thought I was probably dead or something, but its not true, not yet! I'm still around, just a little busy and/or preoccupied. I wanted to let you know that I have completed something you may like to see in the form of the illustration below and that there are 14 brand-new pages updated last night at the Ultinomicon for the seemingly never-ending Immortal Enemies. :D

Enjoy!

http://www.ultinomicon.com/ImmortalEnemies/bg/Solitaire-Duel-BG-800.jpg

For those that like this illustration, larger versions are available on the Ultinomicon in the wallpaper section.

I know you all thought I was probably dead or something, but its not true, not yet!

Damn it!

I thought for sure that ripping your spinal cord out would have done the trick!

Does he\She has a chance?

The question is more like do the Chaos Marines have a chance (she/he is a freaking Solitaire!).

Natanael,

Yes, I'd probalby agree. I think it really depends how large or small you display the work to begin with. I mean, as my desktop, neither of these look too small and (I might be kidding myself here) there's almost a very statuesque early renaissance quality to it. Then at other sizes, generally the smaller ones, the figures definitely get lost in the detail. Of course, would it be chaos 40k without all the garish, grim darkness surrounding them? Maybe, maybe not? I guess its a reasonable question. Each person will be their own judge, if this sounds more like reason or excuse. I hope you like it anyway.

Does he\She has a chance?

I was hopping a more dynamic drawing but I'm positivly impressed by this one!

I'd agree with Heru Talon on this, but there's only one way to find out: read the section...

...or talk to someone who has, so maybe there's two ways.

One of the best illustrations I've seen by a fan in years! Hell it's better then a lot of the paid stuff from 40k. You actually know how to add atmosphere to your scene without relying on typical gore/action stuff that is the typical fan based illustration.

40k has been missing images like this for years! Reminds me of the Rogue Trader days when I actually used my imagination when looking at the books.

Thanks, Fire Angel. That is very high praise in my book. I always pretend that I have more of a link or more in common with the original RT style stuff. Its a conscious decision when doing 40k work. I'm not always sure its successful, but I'm glad someone else thinks that. The old stuff may not have been technically beautiful, but it had a much more evocative quality to it. You could feel the grit, the fear, the grim darkness and brutal violence more.

I love the composition of this. I do agree that the main characters get a bit lost in the shadows off to the side but that kind of adds to the fun of reading the image. You look at it initially as a gloomy foreboding enviroment then as you study a bit closer you realise all hell is about to break loose! Great stuff

Archived