Lord Azazel Vulgate my new HQ choice!

agroszkiewicz

Letting him cure overnight before primer. Going to go with a purple and bronze color scheme. Musical inspiration was GWAR, canon inspiration was Mandragore Carrion from the Eisenhorn series. The mini is basically a "true scale", with the exception of the shoulders. I followed Lamenter's guide to artscaling. Tools used GW plastic clips, Galefore 9 modeling scalpel, Galeforce 9 greenstuff, and GS needle files. Bitz from many different sets were used, if you'd like to know where a particular part came from just ask!

This was my first attempt using greenstuff, so I'm aware that the look is a little rough.

C&C welcome!

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/Adam_Groszkiewicz/Artscale%20WIP/P1010667Small.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/Adam_Groszkiewicz/Artscale%20WIP/P1010666Small.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/Adam_Groszkiewicz/Artscale%20WIP/P1010665Small.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/Adam_Groszkiewicz/Artscale%20WIP/P1010668Small.jpg

Interesting choice of firearm, not seen that before. The arm holding however seems a little off on the right, perhaps it needs slightly adjusting to line up with the weapon. (It's a 'Nid one isn't it?)

Cambrius

Yes, its one of the smallest guns off the Carnifex sprue flipped upside down with a goodly portion trimmed away.

nice work youve done there especially for your first time with GS

ive got just one thing i dont really like: his weapon. maybe give him a different mutant arm because i thing tyranid parts dont really work with chaos, but the rest is cool :tu:

Interesting idea. One bit of advice if I may: it looks a bit odd to have something huge and mutated to such an extent coming to an abrupt halt at his gauntlet. Some guitar wires for cabling running from the rear half of the gun to his arm, through a hole in the shoulder guard, torso, or something of that sort, and maybe some warped fleshy-armor (think obliterator) may make the transition more smooth.

Nightmare from Soulcalibur may be a good example here. He has a big gnarly demon sword (which looks strangely similar to that gun, come to think of it), but also a freakishly mutated arm which is huge and monstrous at the hand (the closest part to the demon weapon) and a progressively more human shaped mutation spreading up through his arm, where it is portrayed as bursting through and/or growing out of the armor of his breastplate. The gradual fade from mutant to 'normal' changes the image from "a guy with a big scary weapon" to "a guy that is a big scary weapon!"

Just my two bits. Impressive work all the same thus far.

I like the idea of adding some details to obscure the join on the weapon. I agree that it contrasts a bit with the rest of the model, but thats sort of what I was going for. I've got a few more arms that I toyed with, but since the GS and glue is cured at this point I'm going to keep trying to work with what I've got. Probably should have just used the super simple arm I had holding a standard chaos bolter.

I'll tinker with it a bit over the course of the day.

Looks cool, I saw your thread building him and I definitely like it, but I'm just curious, why did you flip it upside down? It looks a bit odd with armour plates on the bottom of a weapon. Does it represent anything specific or just a bolter?

Looks cool, I saw your thread building him and I definitely like it, but I'm just curious, why did you flip it upside down? It looks a bit odd with armour plates on the bottom of a weapon. Does it represent anything specific or just a bolter?

It only looks "odd" because you are thinking of what it looks like on a nid. Looks pukey and gross to me! Hadn't really given that much thought to what it would represent though....not really focused on playing him in a game.

I did a conversion soul grinder a while back and used flipped carnifex weapons. Wanted to try the same thing on a smaller model. ^_^

It looks too "slapped on" IMO. it don't get me thinkin' about a mutated CSM rather than a CSM with a nids bit on him.

Also, the pose is incredibly stiff, it looks like he has a pole up his arse. So you might want to work on that as well :lol:

It only looks "odd" because you are thinking of what it looks like on a nid. Looks pukey and gross to me! Hadn't really given that much thought to what it would represent though....not really focused on playing him in a game.

I did a conversion soul grinder a while back and used flipped carnifex weapons. Wanted to try the same thing on a smaller model. :)

Don't get me wrong I like the use of a 'nid weapon, it's something I wouldn't have dared do myself and it looks really good, but I think it's odd with armour plates on the bottom of a weapon. It just doesn't make any sense, were the makers of the gun thinking that he'd be fighting really really short people?

Archived