Custodial Guard

In my local GW we are able to come up with our own rules and units for our games and as long as all is well we are able to use then in our games.

What i want to do is the create a unit of Custodial Guard for my Inquisition army i have a few ideas in my head of how to go about building them, using the

sangiunary guard bodies and maybe taking the nemesis force weapons from the GK, i was wondering if anyone here has tried to do this in the past and

may be able to pass on a little advice or a few usful ideas.

Gaming wise im thinking of going along the lines of the honour guard squad mixed with the GK rules.

Probably around 40/50 points each

WS 5

BS 5

S 4

T 4

I 5

W 1

A 2

Ld 10

Sv 2+

Power weapons, obv. angelus boltguns. true grit. maybe some form of 6+ invun. stubborn

any advice is welcome i

The Adeptus Custodes Carry H.Bolters in their polearms, so i suggest somehow crafting that into it. Sounds like a good idea thouhg, Might give this a try myself at some point

i have heard this said before, but i am not so sure, the size of the 'bolt weapon' seems much closer to a boltgun or combi bolter than a heavy bolter, prehaps whilst in games it could be treated as an angelus bolt gun with +1 to the fire type, making it range 12", strength 4, AP 5 and assault 3?

in the past i have seen the 'now old' dark eldar warrior helms being used, does any one have any suggestions because althought they look ok and seem to work well they do not seem ornate enough

any advice welcome

i modified a complete custodial guard about a year back, before the new saunginary guard were released. i basically used DA vets for the legs and the back half of the torso (the robed ones) and mrk 8 armour for the front. For the guardian spears, i combined chaos warriors standards with a standard bolter, then a tomb king blade for the blade part obvi. for the heads i used high elf ones, the pointy ones. and i used chaos marine back packs. Thats just about it. Hope this helps.

This should be, for future reference, in the Homegrown Rules section, unless you plan on building models.I can't comment on the stat-line and such though, I stink at that sort of thing.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I hadn't realized you had modeling ideas in your first post. I have to read more carefully.

i modified a complete custodial guard about a year back, before the new saunginary guard were released. i basically used DA vets for the legs and the back half of the torso (the robed ones) and mrk 8 armour for the front. For the guardian spears, i combined chaos warriors standards with a standard bolter, then a tomb king blade for the blade part obvi. for the heads i used high elf ones, the pointy ones. and i used chaos marine back packs. Thats just about it. Hope this helps.

it does help, thanks

there are some cool ideas there that hadnt crossed my mind

Archived