Question on IA 9 Special Characters

MRC(+)

So, I am a little confused. The Special Characters from Imperial Armour 9 (i.e. Badab War) generally go with C:SM (except for Malakim Phoros, who goes with C:BA).

That said, can you take one of these Special Characters from IA 9 and still take a similar character from C:SM? For example, I know if you take Lugft Huron as an HQ, you are not allowed to take any other Chapter Masters as HQs, so that means Papa Smurf, Pedro Kantor, Lord High Commander Carab Cullen, and any plain vanilla Chapter Master is out.

Does this same principle apply to the rest of the Special Characters in IA 9? For example, if I take Captain Lias Isson as an HQ, can I still take Lysander or Khan or another "vanilla" SM Captain as my second HQ?

Thanks for your help.

I dont have the book on me, but do any of those captains rules actually say that? If not, then there isnt actually a restriction....

That being said, I wouldnt field Shrike in my historical Minotaurs list.

I wouldn't think there is an issue with that unless the unit's description specifically states it can't be played with other named units.

If it's a list you plan to use against random players at a store, you might want to bring yer IA book with you, and/or have a back up list that doesn't include any forgeworld rules, as FW stuff is pretty much considered optional in most places.

I wouldn't think there is an issue with that unless the unit's description specifically states it can't be played with other named units.

If it's a list you plan to use against random players at a store, you might want to bring yer IA book with you, and/or have a back up list that doesn't include any forgeworld rules, as FW stuff is pretty much considered optional in most places.

FW stuff is generaly considered oponent concent only I most places I have been. But I am not particularly a traveler.

Unless the character in question precludes the use of other characters (the way Huron excludes any other Chapter Masters from being included), then you're fine to use whatever you want.

Lias Isson's rules only disallow you taking other Chapter Masters, so Captains are fair game. Pretty clear-cut to me.

Archived