Couple of rules queries in preparation for the UK GT.

Iron Father Rik

I've edited my original post as I was indeed talking about the Scout Squad and the LSS as the two units. More importantly, why couldn't you embark in the 'scout move'? The scout move is conducted like a normal move and a normal move allows you to embark (and disembark for that matter). Or?

As a side note, wouldn't this mean you would be able to infiltrate both scout combat squads in such a way as to take up large portions of the board, thus hindering enemy scout moves, then scout move the LSS next to one of your combat scout squad, then scout this scout squad into the LSS.

That would probably work even better.

As to the embarking/disembarking during the Scout move I would tend to allow it, but some people have argued that it isn't a 'normal' move.

I think you should be able to, at deployment, combat squad the scouts, infiltrate the one half, and already deploy the other half inside the LSS. Because as soon as you combat squad them (during deployment), they are treated as seperate units in all respects. This means that the one half isn't embarked on a transport and thus should have no trouble infiltrating... am I right?

I think you should be able to, at deployment, combat squad the scouts, infiltrate the one half, and already deploy the other half inside the LSS. Because as soon as you combat squad them (during deployment), they are treated as seperate units in all respects. This means that the one half isn't embarked on a transport and thus should have no trouble infiltrating... am I right?

You combat squad them when the entire unit deploys. They then split into two seperate units after deployment. Infiltrators are not deployed during the normal deployment stage and therefore combat squadding cannot be done as one half deploying as normal and the other half infiltrating. You cannot combat squad and deploy one half of the unit as normal, and then wait to infiltrate the other half of the unit. Both halves must be deployed at the same stage.

However, as explained, you can infiltrate the squad, and combat squad them at the "deploy infiltrators" stage. You can then deploy one of the "infiltrating" squads next to the already-deployed LSS and use your scout move to embark.

I do not know if you can embark the LSS as part of infiltrating. I don't exactly see why not.

though while the method is slightly different, the end result would be the same, and you're basically agreeing with me?

As long as you are allowed to deploy into an already deployed transport vehicle during infiltration deployment, then yes.

Hi guys. Another query popped into my head, that I'm sure has been covered before, but in the spirit of my original post I thought I would ask it here - to have all my rules queries and answers in one thread for me to look back to.

Anyway, my query was with the Dawn of War deployment scenario. At the risk of opening up a huge mess tin of horrible, regurgitated space-worms:

When deploying the required two troops and one hq unit in the deployment phase, does a unit's transport count as a second troop unit, or part of the same troop unit as it's cargo? For example, if I put down a tactical squad and a rhino, does that count as just one troop unit for the purposes of the DOW mission allowance, being that the rhino is a dedicated transport for the troop squad, or does it count as two units deployed and therefore both of my troop options for the DOW deployment?

I always thought it was the latter - the rhino and the tactical squad each count as a troop unit deployed and therefore I can only further deploy an HQ unit. I believe it may have been clarified as such in the FAQ too, though those are currently unavailable for me to check (p.s. If anyone has the Space Marine and/or Rulebook FAQ I'd really appreciate a copy!) However one gamer at my local hobby store, who gives the impression of being all-knowing of the rules, insisted that as the rhino was only a dedicated transport for the troop unit, that it counted as one unit along with the tactical squad, and therefore in DOW I could theoretically deploy two tactical squads both with rhinos.

As an aside, if you combat squad a tactical squad, does that then count as one or two troop units deployed?

Cheers for your help, and sorry for bringing this up again.

If they're deployed inside, they're collectively one choice. Outside, 2... but then transport isn't considered a troops choice any longer.

I think.

>.<

brb pg 92 'multiple unit choices'

"Apart from being bought as a single choice, these units operate and count as separate units in all respects."

edit:

Combat squads are one choice as it happens at deployment. ie. deploy one choice, squad it.

Hi guys. Another query popped into my head, that I'm sure has been covered before, but in the spirit of my original post I thought I would ask it here - to have all my rules queries and answers in one thread for me to look back to.

Anyway, my query was with the Dawn of War deployment scenario. At the risk of opening up a huge mess tin of horrible, regurgitated space-worms:

When deploying the required two troops and one hq unit in the deployment phase, does a unit's transport count as a second troop unit, or part of the same troop unit as it's cargo? For example, if I put down a tactical squad and a rhino, does that count as just one troop unit for the purposes of the DOW mission allowance, being that the rhino is a dedicated transport for the troop squad, or does it count as two units deployed and therefore both of my troop options for the DOW deployment?

I always thought it was the latter - the rhino and the tactical squad each count as a troop unit deployed and therefore I can only further deploy an HQ unit. I believe it may have been clarified as such in the FAQ too, though those are currently unavailable for me to check (p.s. If anyone has the Space Marine and/or Rulebook FAQ I'd really appreciate a copy!) However one gamer at my local hobby store, who gives the impression of being all-knowing of the rules, insisted that as the rhino was only a dedicated transport for the troop unit, that it counted as one unit along with the tactical squad, and therefore in DOW I could theoretically deploy two tactical squads both with rhinos.

As an aside, if you combat squad a tactical squad, does that then count as one or two troop units deployed?

BRB pg 92 Multible unit choices as Shatter pointed out, the transport counts as a unit.

BRB pg 93 the description text for the DOW map "...deploys a unit of troops, already embarked in their dedicated transport (which is his second unit of troops)"

If you combat squad you have two units deployed.

BRB pg 93 "...as long as at the end of deployment still has the maximun of one HQ and two troops..."

although this is talking about infiltrater's it does show that it is number at the end of deployment that matters.

brb pg 92 'multiple unit choices'

"Apart from being bought as a single choice, these units operate and count as separate units in all respects."

BRB pg 92 Multible unit choices as Shatter pointed out, the transport counts as a unit.

BRB pg 93 the description text for the DOW map "...deploys a unit of troops, already embarked in their dedicated transport (which is his second unit of troops)"

If you combat squad you have two units deployed.

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I thought - that the transport also counts as a seperate troop unit, and is not included in with the troop squad. That's how I've played it since the rules came out, but it's funny how someone telling you something else can plant that seed of doubt in your mind.

BRB pg 93 "...as long as at the end of deployment still has the maximun of one HQ and two troops..."

although this is talking about infiltrater's it does show that it is number at the end of deployment that matters.

Ah! Thanks SeattleDV8, I hadn't considered that sentance!

..this is in 8th november RB FAQ thingy. Relates to LC+plasma RB weapon upgrade.

Q: When a Damaged – Weapon Destroyed result is rolled

and a weapon is destroyed are any built-in, combi or coaxial

weapons attached to it also destroyed? (p61)

A: Yes.

..this is in 8th november RB FAQ thingy. Relates to LC+plasma RB weapon upgrade.

I refer to Space Marine faq, nov 2009

Q. If a Razorback armed with a lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun suffers a weapon destroyed result, does it destroy both (ie. the lascannon and the plasma gun) or just one?

A. Only one weapon - either the lascannon or the twin-linked plasma gun.

The reason the SM FAQ says otherwise is that you just get two guns on that razorback.... theres nothing 'built in' or 'coaxial' about it. ^_^

Archived