Lords of Oblivion Venerable Dreadnought

Allerka

I was working on my Tyranids for the last few months, but decided to take a break and work on this guy. I had hoped for 1-2 weeks to finish, but it took 2.5, which is still faster than my usual time, so I'm still happy. Also painted him up in anticipation of a small tournament I'm going to this Saturday, and I'm taking an off-the-wall list in the form of Dreadnought spam. :(

Anyway, here's Venerable Dreadnought Nikolai Mal'fas.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/316/c/f/venerable_dreadnought_nikolai_by_allerka-d32oon7.jpg

WIP thread here if you want to take a look. And a cookie if you can guess where the inspiration for the name is from.*

*Cookie offer not valid in the continental United States, the non-continental United States, the United Kingdom and associated territories, Europe, Canada, Australia, the planet Cadia, or on the starship Enterprise. Offer also not open to members of the human race, eldar, orks, and those damn dirty apes.

Actually, that is the first Dreadnought I've fully painted. Which is kinda funny, as I've been sitting on the others I have for anywhere from one to five years, but ultimately it's hardly surprising given how long it takes me to paint everything. I think you'll agree the results are worth it, though. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the compliments, glad people are liking it. B)

Archived