Khorne Space Marine HQ Options

m3628800

Debating the various Khorne style HQ options available in the Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Khârn - 165

Most expensive option, but who can argue with five strength five power weapon attacks that hit on 2 +. The Betrayer is a nasty drawback when hiding Khârn in a Rhino with a squad of Bezerkers.

Daemon Prince - 140

Mark Of Khorne

Wings

Monstrous Creature is both a blessing and a curse, makes for easy targeting but makes each of the five strength six attacks into power weapon attacks.Wings are a must, such a big target needs to close range quickly.

Lord - 150

Mark Of Khorne

Dual Lightning Claws

Wings/Jetpack

Lord - 160

Mark Of Khorne

Dual Lightning Claws

Juggernaut Of Khorne

Terminator Lord - 140

Mark Of Khorne

Dual Lightning Claws

Time to post and get back to the real world. Topic is up for debate, will add discussion in reference to Chaos Lords at a later time.

there are only 3 options for a pure khorne army in my opinion-

Khârn...use him every now and again for fun...

Daemon prince with wings and mark of khorne (hes my go to guy for HQ now-i love the new model and he seriously wrecks face!)

lord with mark of khorne and bloodfeeder-i take this as my second hq in bigger games because its just fun...

Hope this helped mate...happy slaying! :tu:

I tend to use Khârn all the time. He just wrecks face! He has killed more of the opponent than he ever has of his own squad for me. My usual opponent plays Space Marines. He tells me every time, "Khârn makes me his little B"

If the Betrayer was that much of a problem, I would just have him exit out the other side of the rhino so he was now a squad of one and go to town with a dual assault.

I never use lords as between Khârn and a DP, there are no other options worth thinking about for me. I always hear how good the Lords are but I just can't deny the pure killy power of a DP and Khârn. I'll have to do a point up to see if one is that much cheaper for me.

Lord Zhufor model count-as Abaddon?

Or Khârn, i loved this guy when i played my zerks. I can obliterate pretty much everything. Sure he can kill your zerks, but the price your opponent will pay for your "loses" is much worth it. You can throw JUST Khârn to almost any infantry unit in the game and watch it vanish in at most, 2 turns. If you kill a SM Tactical squad, and you will with ease, you have earned back your points. Anything he kills from this point, is free kills.

I also love the Demon Prince but ironically, Khornate ones are the weakest in melee due to the unability to take Warp Time. You could pick an unmrked one, give him Warp Time arguing he Ld checks to enter "combat concentration" and paint him red xD

From a competitive perspective, I think the choice is really down to either Khârn or the KDP. Chaos Lords are generally a weaker option then a Daemon Prince or sometimes a Sorcerer with the only redeeming thing about them being their daemon weapon. Since the Khorne DW is far and away the least reliable/least competitive, I'd have to put a Khorne DW lord at the bottom of the barrel. Luckily the twin Claw setup helps somewhat if you're really stuck on the idea of using him.

just to help out:

on AVERAGE Khârn's charge will kill 4 MEQ's, and one of his own zerkers and from then on 3 MEQ's and one of his own zerkers so he is dangerous but risky.

a khorne lord with bloodfeeder will kill 4 MEQ's but has a 1/3 chance of wounding himself and not being able to atttack

both choices are risky, but a daemon prince just beats everything cause it is so awesome :(

Archived