MK VI Beakie ongoing WIP project log

araekyus

Ok, my bursts of inspiration have pretty much morphed into a full on project to finally create the army I always wanted back in the RT days of excellence. So rather than spot post, I keep all of my beloved beaks under this thread.

And to start it off, here is my new Capt.

gallery_35302_5371_8282.jpg

gallery_35302_5371_1170365.jpg

gallery_35302_5371_1019213.jpg

gallery_35302_5371_277944.jpg

parts list is: one beakie (of course), a sword arm from an old Eldar model, a storm bolter arm from the 'Pea Head' Terminator variant (bad ebay experience netted me a lot of 10 of them, most with missing and broken arms), and a few details from the current range of bits (iron halo, crux and wreath)

He is currently primed and has his first Future wash bath. will post more on his progress soon. Enjoy! And of course, C&C most welcome!

haha yeah. the lot included 10 pea heads out of blister in that horrible condition and two unopened blisters. thing was, the pictures showed only the 'decent' looking models not the busted ones. ah well, live and learn i guess hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

just a little update here.

gallery_35302_5371_12565.jpg

these are the plasma pistols my upcoming command squad members will be armed with. these are created from an old sprue from when Confrontation (now Necromunda) was getting started. GW made very few of these and i managed to get one whole sprue way back when. but seeing as they are more rare than an army of jokaero, i had to make my own. But the best thing about these is that they are to scale with the old beakies! two of them are actual ppistols, the ones on the right are converted from hand flamers of the same sprue. I also included the actual hand flamer to show a before/after deal. white plastic is white, so i slapped some wash down to show the detail a bit. Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

just dropped in to share my latest creation. this is a wip of one of the command squad vets im working on. he is currently primed and being painted now so ill be posting that in the hall asap. but for now heres the piccys. pardon the blurr; iphone 4 isnt the best camera to use. as always C&C welcome. Enjoy!

gallery_35302_5371_882884.jpg

gallery_35302_5371_304956.jpg

gallery_35302_5371_618258.jpg

Archived