How do you use Legion of the Damned?

Michael Ecks

I want to work on a squad of these guys but I can decide how I should field them as far as kitting them out and tactics?

Should I give them plasma weapons using their invulnerable save to protect the expensive weapons.

Stripped down squad with bolters only as diversion or hard hitting suprise force.

Or go with close combat weapons and try to deep strike them and go for assaults.

Honestly I really just want to convert and paint a squad of them for my dual codex Desert Wolves army. I'm going to call the unit Ghost Wolves and try my hand at a white with blue ghost paint job versus the normal black with flames. BUT, if I am going to have them around I need them to have a plan for how to use them if I want to put them on the table.

input appreciated. thanks.

Their weapon upgrades are very expensive, so I honestly wouldn't give them any upgrades at all (save a power fist for the sergeant). They can re-roll their DS dice and have a 3++. To me they seem like excellent mid-to-late game objective holders. DS them onto an objective and they can sit there out in the open enjoying a 3++ invuln and offering reasonable fire support (as they're Relentless/Slow and Purposeful, they can move and still fire 24" single shots with their boltguns).

I usually don't use them. If I did I would run them with as much plasma as possible and use them to take out monstrous creatures, heavy infantry and elite close combat guys like harlequins and genestealers. Power weapons aren't much of a problem for them.

But keep them away from grey knights at all costs! They ONLY have an invulnerable so they will be completely screwed over like a heavy flamer screws over ork boyz.

in my opinion they aren't worth the points for +5pts you get 3++ assualt terminators, but that's not the point,

my friend constantly uses them and they are annoying, he uses them to get in the way of and tie up units with lots of armour denying attacks, like terminators. I would keep them with minimal upgrades in exchange for (perhaps) numbers they are a serious pain to termies though.

Archived