Special Ops Converted Marines?

KingKowUdder

Hey all

I was on this site in 2008 and I remember there was a post with one guys 'urban special ops' conversions for his space marines. It was really well done, he had a speeder conversion and multiple marines (one of them was jumping over a fallen pillar). He had converted them so that they all had chest webbing (pouches, grenades, knifes, magazines ect on their chests) - anyway end state is they all looked wicked (in my opinion).

I have trawled the forums and have not been able to find it (even using multiple searches with just about everything - even google) and have not been able to find it.

I did find this website and believe it was from the same person http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?...=35809&st=0 - and yes I searched for insaniak's posts on here and none of them were it...

The reason I am after the forum post in Bolter and Chainsword is because it had multiple, very detailed photograps of the conversions themselves.

If anyone knows what I am talking about it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

i remember these, esp. the dude with the bino/helmet.

i would love to help as i had everything of them saved on my old computer.... before it died a quiet death, alas i cannot.

however,

i believe the name of the chapter is "Legion 999" ... or similar, it was a while ago now

good luck brother

DM

I know exactly what marines you are talking about. In fact if you search my recent topic posts I made the same question you did in the general PCA questions thread. Unfortunately I got the same answers you are getting and none of these are the army. Lunchbox's army is very good, it was called Patriot Guard, but its not the one you are looking for. I've searched high and low and cannot locate it sadly =(

I know exactly what marines you are talking about. In fact if you search my recent topic posts I made the same question you did in the general PCA questions thread. Unfortunately I got the same answers you are getting and none of these are the army. Lunchbox's army is very good, it was called Patriot Guard, but its not the one you are looking for. I've searched high and low and cannot locate it sadly =(

I believe you are talking about one called "Dark Angel special ops", "Dark Angels modern marines" or something like that. If so, these were indeed great special ops-themed SM. I don't recall who made them though I know it was on Bolter and Chainsword. Also, I think the pictures have been deleted from B&C since I'm no longer able to find them.

If I do manage to find them, I'll post them here since I'm a fan of Special ops Marines and can't find enough inspiration for my own hypothetical project :lol:

Thanks all for your help!

I have been introduced to some other great modelling from some very talented individuals, alas not what I was looking for however!

I believe it was the post you were making reference to Esponjabob, however it no longer exists... a shame

Thanks anyway, and happy gaming!

Archived