Tau Crisis Suits

Brother Captain Ed

Ok, so I played against the Tau for the first time this weekend (chalk up another win for the boys in blue). Overall the game went fine, but the Tau player is new to both the game and the army. Since neither of us were very experienced with Tau, his codex got brought out a lot.

Anyway, when firing his crisis suits he fired several weapons systems at once. I asked if it was some special rule since all I recalled off the top of my head was that they were jump infantry with jet packs. He replied they could do so and I let it go because it made sense and I was winning. However, today I am flipping through the codex and all I see regarding crisis suits is that they get Acute Senses and Deep Strike. If it exists, where would I see the rules for suits shooting multiple weapon systems?

Ok, so I played against the Tau for the first time this weekend (chalk up another win for the boys in blue). Overall the game went fine, but the Tau player is new to both the game and the army. Since neither of us were very experienced with Tau, his codex got brought out a lot.

Anyway, when firing his crisis suits he fired several weapons systems at once. I asked if it was some special rule since all I recalled off the top of my head was that they were jump infantry with jet packs. He replied they could do so and I let it go because it made sense and I was winning. However, today I am flipping through the codex and all I see regarding crisis suits is that they get Acute Senses and Deep Strike. If it exists, where would I see the rules for suits shooting multiple weapon systems?

The Multi-tracker wargear takes up a hardpoint and lets a Battlesuit fire two weapons systems in a turn. See page 26 of Codex: Tau Empire.

You have to be careful with Tau battlesuits. As a veteran Tau player myself I am very familiar with how the suits operate in terms of game mechanics, however, despite it being clearly written in the codex if you actually read the codex, many people do not understand what wargear different suits are allowed and how much of each wargear list a suit is allowed to buy.

However, as Jackelope King stated, a crisis battlesuit can take a multi tracker to allow them to shoot two weapons at once.

Take note however, that a crisis suit has three hardpoints which can mount weapons or support systems. Only team leaders can take further wargear beyond this allowance so only the team leaders can have 3 weapons and still fire two of them, or have a multi-tracker without it being modelled on. Also, if a crisis suit takes two of the same weapon, the weapon becomes twin-linked automatically and is not two seperate weapons.

Also, if a crisis suit takes two of the same weapon, the weapon becomes twin-linked automatically and is not two seperate weapons.

I didn't know that either. My project today has been reading the Tau codex, but I've obviously not absorbed it was well as I'd hoped. I'll have to pay special attention to multi-trackers and team leaders from here on out. Thank you all for the help. I look forward to purging these xenos with holy bolter and blessed chainsword.

Also, if a crisis suit takes two of the same weapon, the weapon becomes twin-linked automatically and is not two seperate weapons.

I didn't know that either.

That's what the two points costs for the weapons are all about.

Remember to read all the blurb, especially in the armoury section - those few sentances just before or after wargear lists or unit entries that most people skip over assuming it isn't necessary.

Archived