Ideas

Mortis909

Firstly i'm thinking of making a pre-heresy Alpha Legion army. I would probably use it as mainly a thematic army so i thought.

1. Troops - Scouts made from converted Vostroyans to be the Geno Chiliad operatives (Legion Horus Heresy book)

2. Mainly veterans - primarily sternguard

3. Pedro (as Alpharius) - Making the sternguard count as scoring units

My main concern is what armour pattern i should use for them (maybe the dark angel vet frame to exude secrecy)

Also any other ideas thematic, army wise or painting are welcome

My other idea was to make a raptor squad for my chaos army using the wings from the possessed squad.

Generally what do you guys think?

Lamenter from this forum has some sculpted true scale Alpha Legionaires in the gallery on his blog. Here is one example and here is another. He has also done a tutorial on sculpting the Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion badge out of green stuff... although I'm sure you could find someone to create a mould for you to make batches.

Hope this helps in some way,

Messanger

Personally, I'd avoid the DA robes. It is a cool effect, but overdone. Instead, try out some ideas to create the Infiltrator Armour. Your troops will be Genos anyway (cool idea, btw), so make your actual Power Armoured marines look gnarly. Incorparate the look of a stealth fighter into power armour (if that makes sence, lol.) smooth lines, matte-black, smaller power packs, silenced weapons, carbon-black blades, etc. Sorry, instant crazy thoughts enter my mind everytime people mention the Alpha Legion. Hope this is useful.

Mk IV armour comes the closest to that smooth lined look, but I'd take it a step further by green-stuffing vents, shaving down any studs, as well as shoulder trim and hiding the cables as best as possible. Use a matt black for the armour, with a faint etching of dark green to pick out hydra symbols, and the -A- symbol, just enough to stand out. baffle the heat sink vents coming out of the power pack. A light cloak over their shoulders with some green stuff could work as chamoline cloaks, and paint the eyes straight black with wet effects over them, to give em that dark, soulless look. ummm...I'll get back to you with some more ideas if I can think of any.

Another quick thought. To hell with Pedro, use Khan (minus the fancy bike) as Alpharius/Omegron. He/They disguised themselves as common troops and captains commonly, and the hit and run, furious charge and outflank rules would work far better with the Alpha Legion, considering they were (obviously) known for suprising the hell out of people.

I understand your point, my friend. I just think the Khan's rules would fit your role better as an Alpha Legionnare. On top of that, if your opponent kills him, and they start laughing that they killed a primarch, you can respond "We are Alpharius. We are legion, and we are one." :lol: Hey, it's your army though, brother. Go with what you like!

i'll probably try both and see which conversion is better and which is better in gaming terms. Honestly i would prefer to have an Alpharius with power sword converted to look like a Gladius. So i'll try Khan first. I can always say one is Alpharius and the other is Omegon

Archived