Land Raiders as dedicated transport or heavy support?

Brother Rathul

Is it true that you only can have one dedicated trasnport slot for a land raider for a squad of Assault Terminators and 1 for regular Terminators and the rest have to be heavy support choices? I was wondering if this is true or not so I don't screw up an army list I'm making.

Thanks,

Brother Rathul of the 4th company.

Helps if you state which codex you are using, as some codexes use different rules there.

But if using codex space marines, then yes, you are right, only 1 assault terminator squad and 1 "normal" squad can have landraiders as dedicated transport, the rest must come from heavy support.

As mentioned before, it depends on Codex.

If you are using C:SM, yes, only one Terminator Squad and one Terminator Assault Squad may take a Land Raider as a dedicated transport (for a total of two). Any others will need to use Heavy Support slots.

C:BA on the other hand, can take a Land Raider as dedicated transport for every single squad, but may never take a Land Raider in a Heavy Support slot.

C:BT can do the same, but can also take Land Raiders in Heavy Support.

C:DA can only take Land Raiders in Heavy Support, never as a dedicated transport.

As mentioned before, it depends on Codex.

If you are using C:SM, yes, only one Terminator Squad and one Terminator Assault Squad may take a Land Raider as a dedicated transport (for a total of two). Any others will need to use Heavy Support slots.

C:BA on the other hand, can take a Land Raider as dedicated transport for every single squad, but may never take a Land Raider in a Heavy Support slot.

C:BT can do the same, but can also take Land Raiders in Heavy Support.

C:DA can only take Land Raiders in Heavy Support, never as a dedicated transport.

And C:SW allows one Wolf Gaurd pack to take them as dedicated transports, but not other squads.

Archived