Passengers Shooting?

slmellon

1) No- the rules specificly dissallow passengers firing if the vehicle moved more than 6".

2) Yes, the vehicles firepower has nothing to do with the passengers.

Edit: For clarity, wether a vehicle fires or not has no bearing on the passenger, they can do different targets, etc- because they are still different units for all purposes. The only time this doesnt work is a specific rules exception- a shaken/stunned vehicle has the effect of not allowing passengers to fire while still on board the vehicle, though they can of course step out and fire as if theyd moved.

Wich is one reason I think rhino bunkers with heavy weapons are a horrible idea.

I found the anwser to 1 this morning, thanks though.

I thought CREW shaken stunned had nothing to do with Passengers

Crew shaken/stunned affects the living beings inside the vehicle. If the driver can get thrown about, bang his head off a bulk head and get knocked out for a few moments (or whatever other situation might be represented by this rule), why would the passengers not be equally susceptible? Grey Mage is right, passengers cannot shoot from within the vehicle if it suffers a crew stunned result, but they can bail out and shoot. I admit it seems a little off, if they are "stunned" inside the vehicle how are they able to climb out and act normally? I suppose the fresh air clears their heads.

I've always thought this but have always been told differently. It seems like it is within the rules, but everyone argues that it should be that the passengers can't shoot anything since they can't see (though I always brought up the argument that you could have the passengers fire before the smoke). I've always acquiesced in the past but might fight a little harder next time. Is this generally accepted?

I've always thought this but have always been told differently. It seems like it is within the rules, but everyone argues that it should be that the passengers can't shoot anything since they can't see (though I always brought up the argument that you could have the passengers fire before the smoke). I've always acquiesced in the past but might fight a little harder next time. Is this generally accepted?

The rules for smoke launchers are on pg. 62, and make not one single mention of passengers.

1) No- the rules specificly dissallow passengers firing if the vehicle moved more than 6".

Edit: For clarity, wether a vehicle fires or not has no bearing on the passenger, they can do different targets, etc- because they are still different units for all purposes. The only time this doesnt work is a specific rules exception- a shaken/stunned vehicle has the effect of not allowing passengers to fire while still on board the vehicle, though they can of course step out and fire as if theyd moved.

Wich is one reason I think rhino bunkers with heavy weapons are a horrible idea.

Re: Case #1: They cannot fire from the vehicle, but like the crew shaken/stirred result, they can still hop out and shoot.

Yes they can, counting as moved.

pg 66 (Fire Points): "Models firing from a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moves, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at Cruising speed that turn."

No, they can't unless they disembark.

Algesan, I'm pretty sure GM was responding to the post immediately above his own, i.e. saying they can fire, counting as move, after having disembarked.

Yes they can, counting as moved.

pg 66 (Fire Points): "Models firing from a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moves, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at Cruising speed that turn."

No, they can't unless they disembark.

Algesan, I'm pretty sure GM was responding to the post immediately above his own, i.e. saying they can fire, counting as move, after having disembarked.

That would be the case.

Archived