Converted Vulkan He'stan

Mudpuppet

Hi all, im in the middle of doing a Vulkan conversion from scratch, not really using any model as a base to work from, and just wanted to put up a few pics to get some feedback.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fuzzyspuz87/WH/Salamanders/DSCF0147.jpg

You have to ignore the funny position of the arm holding the spear the bluetac was beggining to slip at this point. But this picture shows the chest area where im hopefully going to be doing my first bit of greenstuffing, and am gonna try put a salamander head here. I was thinking of putting him on a larger base as well, he looks a bit silly on the small one, is this allowed? You kinda have to ignore the legs a bit, i havent decided what legs to use, these are just to support the body at the mo. There will also be a greenstuffed salamanderskin loin cloth as well.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fuzzyspuz87/WH/Salamanders/DSCF0146.jpg

This pic just shows the spear a bit, i havent stuck the bottom of the spear haft on yet, i cant decide how long to make it. I cant decide on a position either, either held at his side like it is in the pic, or him holding it upright resting the bottom on the ground

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fuzzyspuz87/WH/Salamanders/DSCF0145.jpg

This one shows the gauntlet of the forge. I wanted it mounted on the back of the hand as opposed to underneath so the hand could theoretically still be used to grip the spear. This is why i didnt just buy the GW one, the flamer is mounted in the palm of his hand, making it useless. Its looking a tad bulky at the moment, im still in the process of tryign to shave the back of the powerfist and the bottom of the flamer down.

Im gonna be greenstuffing scales onto the back of the cloak as well as some random cloths to attach to the shoulderpads etc as well.

Any thoughts?

Mudpuppet

It's looking nice so far. Though I am not a fan at all of sticking TDA arms onto Power Armour. They are just too big and look, frankly, comical in my mind. Still, what do you plan to put on his chestplate? Something nicely modelled there would really add to the overall model.

I like it, though at the moment it looks like a multi melta/twin linked melta gun as opposed to a heavy flamer.

Ah yes, i have a hand flamer that im gonna nick the pilot light from and mount it in between the two melta ends.

He looks good but i'm think his legs are a little short to that upper body.

Yeah those arent the legs im gonna use, i just used them cos they are all i got at the mo.

It's looking nice so far. Though I am not a fan at all of sticking TDA arms onto Power Armour. They are just too big and look, frankly, comical in my mind. Still, what do you plan to put on his chestplate? Something nicely modelled there would really add to the overall model.

Yeah it does look a bit big and bulky your right, im thinking i may shave off the pipe thing running underneath the arm, it adds a lot of bulk to the arm. On the chestpalte im gonna try greenstuffing a salamander icon, just the classic sallie head.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Mudpuppet

Archived