transport Rules

Lord of Death

If the transport is blown up - Vehicle Explodes! result on the vehicle damage table - then the passengers get out automatically. Technically they don't have a vehicle to still be inside, and are really more thrown out of the vehicle against their will by physics. It doesn't matter how fast the vehicle moved.

Besides, if you moved the vehicle in your turn, it is unlikely to also get blown up in your turn, so moving too fast to disembark won't be an issue, as you aren't choosing them to disembark as a move in your movement phase.

Unless the transport moved Flat Out. According to the new FAQ, if the transport moved Flat Out the turn before it was destroyed, any embarked units are also destroyed. =( Sad day to be a Blood Angel.

EDIT!!

I take it back.

Q: If a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as it moved flat out what happens to any embarked models?

A: They are removed as casualties.

So, unless it blows up due to me Ramming something, me scattering a template onto it, or me driving it into assault range and dragging enemy models during my own assault phase close enough that they can choose to assault the transport as well, it's not nearly as dangerous as I feared.

Whew.

Unless the transport moved Flat Out. According to the new FAQ, if the transport moved Flat Out the turn before it was destroyed, any embarked units are also destroyed. =( Sad day to be a Blood Angel.

EDIT!!

I take it back.

Q: If a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as it moved flat out what happens to any embarked models?

A: They are removed as casualties.

So, unless it blows up due to me Ramming something, me scattering a template onto it, or me driving it into assault range and dragging enemy models during my own assault phase close enough that they can choose to assault the transport as well, it's not nearly as dangerous as I feared.

Whew.

Don't forget your friendly neighborhood terrain rolls...screwed me over often enough..

Don't forget your friendly neighborhood terrain rolls...screwed me over often enough..

Forget them? I live by them. ;) I use that beautiful 18" Flat Out move to weave around terrain, avoiding every terrain check I can. I don't risk a terrain check unless I *have* to be there *right* *now*.

Archived