Kabel's Vultures

smallvictory

Alright, I am starting a new thread for my Chaos warband. I recently posted a single model here that was a little confusing, but enough people showed enough interest that I’m going to keep this thread going with the models I finish going forward.

The idea behind Kabel’s Vultures is based upon the imaging of the Spacewolfs. I really dig all of the wolf furs and teeth that decorate their armor, being a big fan of old school yellow Tzeentch marines with plenty of mutations I decided to green stuff my way to yellow armor covered in demon feathers. My first model was a full sculpt prince I posted earlier in the year, kinda shelved the project and now I am back. I need to get 1000 points done by the end of January for a tournament that increases 250 points every two month throughout the year. Getting a bit wordy, I’ll update later with my first troopers.

gallery_31750_4271_20549.jpg

The Prince that started it all, he will be replaced, sculpted the head of his replacement already. Much cooler.

gallery_31750_5357_41052.jpg

The Chosen from my last post with feathered cloak, the regular troops only have 2-3 feathers randomly throughout.

Thanks to every one that posted on my last thread, hopefully it will die off and be forgotten. C&C is always appreciated.

@ Metal Slime, Khestra, Michael- Thanks for the encouragement, I've finished three more, camara is in the wifes purse so as soon as she gets home I'll post 'em.

@ Tyranosaurus - I know, but I've sculpted the rest of the squads feather/palm leaf cloaks and I'm not going back. Who knows maybe they are leaves, I like to infiltrate my Chosen, Alien planet ghillie suite?

@ Mr. Malevolent- Base of Vomit Brown, shade with mix of vomit brown/Red gore, then add some scorched earth to that mix in the deepest areas. Highlight bleach bone, then white on the extremes. Follow that up with a watered down all over P3 yellow ink. Every layer is 50-80% water to paint. The Prince was done a long time ago and is a bit easier, but he will be retiring asap.

gallery_31750_4411_10847.jpg

Took a little longer to get these guys up here than I thought. 3 out of 10 of the first squad done; gave the Champion tentacles on his head and made an icon, the guy in the middle has a monster leg and the beakie was given a headband with "change" written on it.

@ Tiny Sam- Thanks, no presents from Santa for these guys, something about not being nice.

Archived