Captain in Terminator Armor

tahrikmili

Yep, its one of the complaints about the balance issues in C:SM- you get the same save with artificer armor as TDA.

BAs obviously dont have this problem, wich is its own issue.

But in either case you keep the halo.

Yep, its one of the complaints about the balance issues in C:SM- you get the same save with artificer armor as TDA.

Er.. because BA can't take Artificer Armor at all? :)

Its been so long since I've used the normal dex... but do you get weapons with TDA? because if so they are both pretty expensive but both has pros and cons...

TDA might work out a bit cheaper if you get weapons with it but you can't sweep, different weapon options, can't go in rhinos... take up 2 slots in transports and so on, although you do get benefits such as deepstrike...

Artificer then allows you to swop the pros and cons around...

I still don't get why BA have no AA... seriously... I thought all they did was make pretty armour and stick glitter onto their faces...

Its been so long since I've used the normal dex... but do you get weapons with TDA? because if so they are both pretty expensive but both has pros and cons...

You get storm bolter and power sword. The cost of those upgrades to a PA Captain, plus the cost of artificer armor, are relatively close to the total cost of the TDA package. The extra points can be justified in the Relentless ability, as well as the ability to Deepstrike. Just depends on where you need your Captain to be.

I still don't get why BA have no AA... seriously... I thought all they did was make pretty armour and stick glitter onto their faces...

Reminds me of a 'joke' I heard of an Australian on the idiot box.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter."

Yes, at first scan I misread

faces...

Lack of AA armor is fine, we have FNP. I accept, though I miss it. Terminator armor is awesome and has the same saves for the captain...but restricts his transport choices, which is a fair if weird balance to having a 2+/4++ with FNP and Furious Charge, not to mention the chance of being Fearless as well.

You get storm bolter and power sword. The cost of those upgrades to a PA Captain, plus the cost of artificer armor, are relatively close to the total cost of the TDA package. The extra points can be justified in the Relentless ability, as well as the ability to Deepstrike. Just depends on where you need your Captain to be.

Relentless is only of marginal use, as storm bolters are assault weapons anyway, so unless you purchas a combi weapon it wont help. Deep strike is fun though.

Though I did make a custom rules captain that had terminator armor and a plasma canon.

Archived