Baals popping Smoke and Shooting

Entry1

I know that the Baal can make its Scout move and deploy its smoke launchers. However lets say you get the first turn , scout and pop smoke, then can you fire on your first turn and still claim your obscured status during your enemies shooting phase. This sounds like some what of a dirty ploy but is it legal.

The smoke launcher rules state, "You count as obscured on your opponents next shooting phase" and "you can't fire the same turn you deploy smoke." So is the scout move considered a different turn prior to turn one or is it attached to turn 1.

I found a similar thread but it mainly discussed whether or not you could pop smoke after the scout move. That has thankfully been cleared up by the FAQ.

I guess to break it down better;

1) Scout Move, Pop smoke

2) Your first turn; move and shoot

3) Enemy turn of shooting, you claim obscured status....

Maybe wishful thinking, I would rather ask in a friendly forum...I'm not one to argue about rules during game play and usually fold to the request of the person I'm playing.

Thanks, Brian

Yea, this is not okay. This is the kind of thing where, were it pulled under the guise of "Hey, it's legal RAW!", someone is *going* to get mad at you. That includes a TO.

I would highlight this as an oversight and I would *not* take advantage of it. :D

I agree with BO. I have used smoke on my scout move, but if I steal the initiative and go first the smoke dissipates and I lose it. That's how I've always played it (though I rarely run Baals now, so its not an issue often)

Archived