Telion's Stealth

Hubernator

Now, this in regards to the rules and the new FAQ they just released for the 5th Ed. In one of the FAQs answered, it reads:

Q: If only some of the models in a unit have the Stealth

special rule, does the whole unit benefit from the +1 cover

save? (p76)

A: Yes. In effect the ones with the Stealth special rule

ensure their colleagues also find good places to hide.

So if I was to take 10 scouts and add Telion as the sergeant, does that mean all the other scouts don't need camo cloaks? And also, if they had them, would the effects be cumulative or not?

Now, this in regards to the rules and the new FAQ they just released for the 5th Ed. In one of the FAQs answered, it reads:

Q: If only some of the models in a unit have the Stealth

special rule, does the whole unit benefit from the +1 cover

save? (p76)

A: Yes. In effect the ones with the Stealth special rule

ensure their colleagues also find good places to hide.

So if I was to take 10 scouts and add Telion as the sergeant, does that mean all the other scouts don't need camo cloaks? And also, if they had them, would the effects be cumulative or not?

Yes Telion gives scouts stealth... so if you want stealth on a large squad and you are not splitting them then that is the way to go...

Check the wording for me but if the cloaks grant you stealth USR then no... if they grant you +1 to your cover save then yes... bolster defences (techmarines, Lysander) can also be used with Telions stealth.

It also helps bring down the "cost" of upgrading your seargeant to telion. It's now 170 (10 man sniper squad plus cloaks) vs 215 (10 man sniper with telion), which is a lot better than before when you had to buy the cloaks for them. Do consider that if you lose telion you will lose the stealth rule if you haven't bought cloaks though.

The only use for buying Scouts Cam Cloaks if you have Telion with them is in case Telion dies before the Squad does.

If he did, you'd lose Stealth for the rest of the squad if they didn't have thier own cloaks.

Can't recall of the top of my head, but are cloaks an 'any' purchase or an 'all'? If any, then techincally you could purchase a single scout a cloak, and the whole squad would et stealth regardless of Telion's presence.

Can't recall of the top of my head, but are cloaks an 'any' purchase or an 'all'? If any, then techincally you could purchase a single scout a cloak, and the whole squad would et stealth regardless of Telion's presence.

For the whole 'squad' I'm afraid., not to be purchased individually model per model.

Cheers

I

It also helps bring down the "cost" of upgrading your seargeant to telion. It's now 170 (10 man sniper squad plus cloaks) vs 215 (10 man sniper with telion), which is a lot better than before when you had to buy the cloaks for them. Do consider that if you lose telion you will lose the stealth rule if you haven't bought cloaks though.

10 snipers with telion is 190, 200 with heavy weapon

Archived