Whirlwind tactics

deity12

the marine bundlign out of a rhino tactic with the t-fire cannon is awesomely effective.. some luck with the scatter dice can see two dozen wounds or more on the unit.. which essentially snipes specials and sergeants.

ive killed 7 CSMs in one volley before..

Skipped past most of the thread, so pardon me if this has already be said: my problem with the whirlwind is not that it's not a good unit in the right situation. The problem is that it's only good against (I estimate, in my play area) 1/3 to 1/2 the opposing army pool. There's just so much MEq and mech in my area that it's not a worthwhile investment for me. At least, not since we lost the use of mine packages (sigh).

Now, if I didn't make all-comers lists and tailored things to my opponents, then I'd use whirlwinds a lot more. But I don't.

Skipped past most of the thread, so pardon me if this has already be said:...

I recommend reading over the thread thoroughly, especially given your reservations. They were in fact addressed and tossed around - several times in fact - over the course of the thread. :wacko:

In general I recommend reading an entire thread before posting, if only because it circumvents rehashing of things already discussed at length.

Archived